Interior restoration begins

-

RedScampi

Reaction score
I was trying to wait for warmer weather to start this but I got impatient and started bringing stuff in the house to work on. Thank God my wife is understanding! Anyway I have begun recovering the front seat. I.m done with the passenger seat back. These are Legendary covers purchased through Year One. I bought a bunch of other stuff so I actually came out ahead going through a middle man. I also picked up a new Grant Tuff Wheel replica and couldn't resist putting it on. I think it looks cool! I'll be doing the driver seat back and then tackling the bottom seat springs this morning. Yikes! This is ugly but I have a parts seat so I think I can make a good solid seat between the two. We'll see. I'm going to look for some new foam and my wife's electric carving knife...

PICT0001.jpg

PICT0003.jpg

PICT0002.jpg

PICT0009.jpg

PICT0011.jpg

PICT0056.jpg

I like what you're doing, very nice!
I will probably be doing something similar this summer once I find a set of Duster/Dart Sport buckets...

As for the wheel, I am a big fan, it looks great!
I'll be putting a Grant wheel on my car eventually, prob not a Tuff wheel replica though, I like some of their other styles better.

Thanks for the encouragement guys. I got the seat springs for the bottom part all rebuilt, frame painted and I sewed a peice of canvas over the top to protect the foam. I bought some new foam and have it whittled to rough shape. It's a bit thicker than what's left of the original, but I think that's a good thing. I also got the cover on the driver's side seat back. it looks like it will be nice and warm this afternoon so i'll try to get started on the cover for the bottom. Pics coming...

Very nice. I put a layer of cotton batting between the foam and the upholstery on my rear seat. As you can see, I had to rebuild, too.

DSCN2008.jpg

DSCN2012.jpg

Hey,
I got lazy and haven't posted for awhile. Here's the seat finished and in the car. I put cotton batting on top of the foam too, partly because it's the way I've been taught and partly to make up for the 36 years of compression the old foam went through. I bought some new foam but found it was too thick to stretch onto the frame. We'll see if reusing the old foam was a good idea or not after a few miles on the car...

By the way your seat looks great!.

PICT0014.jpg

PICT0015.jpg

-
Back