Intermingling two different tear cars

-

dawg

Reaction score
I am wanting to take the front end from a 72 dart and put it on a 68dart what will I need to watch out for and is it possible to just bolt on the front clip from a 72 to a 68 just like how they would look together better than separate

welding is the best way. 1.but it must lined up right. 2. NEVER weld frames straight up and down. use plates with angles on the ends. 3. try to find a shop that puts two diff bodys together and get some advice. many chrysler frames have holes to check frame lineament. find that data and use the holes from one frame to the holes on the other frame.

welding is the best way. 1.but it must lined up right. 2. NEVER weld frames straight up and down. use plates with angles on the ends. 3. try to find a shop that puts two diff bodys together and get some advice. many chrysler frames have holes to check frame lineament. find that data and use the holes from one frame to the holes on the other frame.

I don't think all that is necessary. On those cars he should just be able to swap the fenders and hood. And of course the grill and attaching parts. That said, I think you may have to do some fabricating to get the grill and headlights attached to the 69 core support unless you swap it over too.

It should be bolt on. However you will need to switch the crossbar that the hood latch attaches to as well. It will likely be different between the two years.

-
Back