Internals of my 421

-

tvt59

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
For those of you who have not seen a close up of a Bloomer head I am going to post a couple of pictures and the headers that Laverne Ferrouillat made for me and the inside of my intake it is nothing special it is not even ported.

20240907_121011.jpg

20240907_121247.jpg

20240907_121231.jpg

20240907_112016.jpg

Last edited:
What is the bolt pattern on your headers , mine are just standard sbm .

What is the bolt pattern on your headers , mine are just standard sbm .
They are based on an old tubular automotive design they have adapter plates that bolt between the headers and the heads you can use these headers on 2 or 3 different heads you just have to have different adapter plates

Looks like ya got a lot more room to port those heads lol.
What the runner cc ?
That makes me wanna go out and do something on my car

Laverne is a 'bad man'. Good headers can compliment a good combination too. Hope things patch-up well.
Laverne can do more with less than just about anyone I know. I'm glad he made the headers. I'm sure it was a pain in the BUTT.

I’ve made repairs to headers and mods to make them fit better but that is one job Ive never cared to try.
I like the thinking part of it. I built the headers for the W2 engine 2 years ago. I did learn a few things.

Drivers side is mocked up and tacked in place. Tackle the passenger side this week.

Son in law will tig weld the joints after I have both sides finished.

IMG_1137.jpeg

IMG_1138.jpeg

Last edited:
do you know get any flow #'s? curious to see what these heads flow.
I haven't. I posted the numbers I was told to me. And people were upset with me. So I'm not going to repeat them. You can probably contact Rod Bloomer on Facebook and he can tell you. But I can say with confidence that they make an honest 680hp and that's with only 11.2 to 1 compression. The car has been 116.6 mph in the 8th mile, at a weight of 2879 lbs. That includes the driver.

Last edited:
Vic is the man those heads work great with no off set rockers best head out there i know 4 guys with those heads and there all very happy great job Vic and Rod Bloomer

-
Back