Introducing Lafawnda...

-

grassy

Reaction score
First it was a old gentleman's car...

Then, it was a rebellious teenager...

Now, she is just fantastic !!

My son is on the 7pm to 7am shift this month so he doesn't get to drive the car much...so this pic is for him !

Ian

great car..but the wheels are not working for me...needs something MUCH COOLER..IMO//

I'm also curious as to where the name came from. .. Awesome car I like how it matches the house!

LaFawnduh.jpg

Thanks!!!

The Car was Golden Fawn..hence the name...:) I suggested changing the name when we moved to Carzy Plum but nothing worked for us..

Purple was an easy choice since we changed the colour of our house that years ago...too heat from our neigbours over that ! have noticed that a coupe hours within our area have changed as well...

The rims/tires were free and they were bigger than 14 inch. Didn't like them on the mustang either :) but they are kinda growing on me.. During our build, I was know to say "this is what I am willing to do.. if you want something different, when you can afford to, you can change the item out".

We are proud...many of our friends (both the kids and mine (plus family)) did not believe we could do this and were expecting us to sell it as a failed project especially due to my health. Their surprise that it is completed is priceless..

No pictures of the completed engine bay since we installed the engine..I shall rectify it this weekend and post.

Again, thank you. I will pass your kind comments on to my kids...

Totally Stellar Ian you and your kids should be very proud of your accomplishment ,enjoy it you certainly earned it. Take care .Bob

I had a beater 4 door 90 civic that I was using as a gas-saver commuter about 8 years ago - I named it Lafawnda too .. .Lafawnda the Honda

That's a nice looking machine.All of you must be very proud! Good job!

I'd love to see a pic of those wheels from the back, getting an idea how wide the rear tires are. For the record, they aren't beautiful wheels but it got you modern rubber sizes cheaply! Well played!

Well as long as I am imposing on you for more pics, how about some pics and info on your gauge cluster bezel, and center console. I have similar ideas, and haven't been able to work them out in my head. Dammit man give us some more. The more I look, the more the wheels grow on me.

Here are the pics as asked except for concole and guage cluster which can be seen on my build thread below.

The stereo
View attachment _IGP0231a-L.jpg

From the rear.
View attachment _IGP0228a-L.jpg

I have @ a finger width between the tire and the springs...don't think I would go any wider. The car tracks really well. The tires are 235/55 70s on the rear.
View attachment _IGP0230s.jpg

The colour on the inside bonnet was the reason I didn't paint the car. Even though I cleaned the floor of my garage really well then whetted I still had dirt on the paint...
View attachment _IGP0233s.jpg

Ian.

-
Back