Introduction from Southern California

-

panaderos

Reaction score
Hello,
My name is Jeff. I live about half way between Los Angeles and San Diego, CA. but I was born in KY. Large family, country farm life until we moved to Santa Monica, CA when I was 15 y/o. That was quite a transition. I'm a Viet Nam Vet. My first Mopar was a 1964 Plymouth Valient Convertable, Slant 6, Auto trans(no frills) but a real cherry until it got totaled in a traffic accident. I bought it shortly after my military discharge for $900.00. I recently bought a very nice 1965 Dodge Dart, GT, Convertable, 273, 4 barrel, auto trans(+ a couple of other factory/dealer options) that I plan on driving alot.
By way of taking advantage of the obvious wealth of knowledge & experience FABO offers, I would ask members opinions about converting my front brakes to disc. Any thoughts, recommendations, do's/don'ts would be a great place for me to start because if anyone but me(like my wife or daughter) is going to drive it, I need to get it stopping better. It has original factory power drum brakes(9" drums).
Thank You
Jeff

Welcome! Lots of tech's here will advise you about the disc swap. Lot's of veterans on board here, thank you for your service.

Welcome. Learn to use the forum search function and you will find lots of brake info.

Welcome from the high desert, CA!....and I thank you for your service to our country as well.

Welcome to FABO Panaderos!

You will enjoy this site - There are lots of great people and information

Like to see some more pictures of your car - We love pictures!

Enjoy the site!

Ma Snart

My 67 Cuda for your viewing pleasure - more pictures in my gallery

Attachments

• DSC06823.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 65
Welcome to the greatest car site in the world. :cheers:

-
Back