iowa fan introduction

-

iowafan

Reaction score
Name is Dave, live close to Omaha in SW Iowa. 55 yrs old, kids all gone from home so figure a great place to hopefully find another one someday. My love for these cars started when I was 9 when I went with my father to buy his first "brand new" car. Went to Dodge dealership in Wichita and he was all set to buy a 65 Dart 4 door slant 6. Will waiting for the manager to approve the paperwork the salesman said you want to look at this one we got in yesterday? We did and my Dad bought it, a 65 Dart, 273 4 barrel, 4 speed, radio delete, heater only car. My Mom was not thrilled, and he bought her a 65 Polara a yr later. Loved that Dart.
I have owned a 65 Dart 273 2 barrel and a 72 Demon 340 but with kids they are long gone. Hope to find something for my second childhood as that as what my Mom always said about my Dad when he bought the Dart. Hope to know many of you. Thanks.

Welcome from a fellow Iowan. (Waterloo) I know what you mean about that second childhood thing. I bought my first Dart in 1970 when I just turned 16. I bought my present Dart 5 years ago when I turned 50. I had to have another Mopar that was fun. Mini vans aren't always fun. LOL One thing nice about
A bodies is that you can get into one without a second mortgage on your house
and still have lots of fun with it. You'll have fun here too. toolmanmike

Enjoying my child hood now also
Welcome aboard and make yourself at home, we have some of the best of the best folks and tec's here to help and cheer you on.

Meet Victoria, my after mid life girl friend

Attachments

• Challenger%20IN%20NASCAR%20Cup%20race%20017.jpg
    169 KB · Views: 56
toolmanmike you are right about the a bodies being something you purchase without taking a second mortgage. When I was in high school and before I went in the Navy, Mopars were not cool, at least in Wichita where I grew up. Chevy's ruled which was fine with me. they only challenged a Mopar once, saw the tail lights and that was it. I had a 69 Charger with the 383 Magnum, not the fastest stoplight to stoplight,, but get em on the interstate and it was c ya! Also in the Navy had a 71 Cuda 340 but trying to buy one of those, oh well. I had my 65 Dart in California when I got out of the Navy and used it for 5 years as a work car, then moved to Omaha got married and was actually seen in a Ford Festiva. I had got the Demon when I moved there but had to sell it for the wedding and the rest is history. You guys have some great looking rides.

-
Back