Iowa Supreme Court hears STUPIDNESS

-
In an effort not to get this thread moved to N&P, I offer the following: No Comment.
....but, I'll bet a bunch of you know where I stand on this one.

I think this may have been a situation where the Dis. Judge wanted the supreme Court to not rule on the case but to define perimeters within which the district judge must operate in. Either way it appears for some reason the district judge didn't have the balls to make a call.

However now that I think about it I thought the case must go from district to superior then appeals finally to supreme. So I can't imagine why it got that far.

I think this may have been a situation where the Dis. Judge wanted the supreme Court to not rule on the case but to define perimeters within which the district judge must operate in. Either way it appears for some reason the district judge didn't have the balls to make a call.

However now that I think about it I thought the case must go from district to superior then appeals finally to supreme. So I can't imagine why it got that far.

No, did you read it? The district judge RULED her porch WAS public property. He MADE a call and it was the dead wrong one.

WTF is wrong with our judicial system? Why in heck did this get to the Supreme Court? That Iowa district judge was one stupid SOB. Ain't nobody's porch public property. Talk about gubmint overreach.

http://thegazette.com/subject/news/...ublic-space-iowa-supreme-court-rules-20150612

Ya Rusty, it happened in my town. Too bad the police and courts don't have anything better to do than arrest someone that steps out their front door with one too many under their belt. If the court dismissed the charges the court system works but it never should have happened in the first place.

If they want to be hard lined about public intoxication and even DUI cases, they should sit outside of bars and arrest people for getting into cars to leave.

It's about as stupid as in the town I live they have "Buckle up" signs and warnings of charges about not wearing seatbelts.
BUT, they don't ticket people for running stop signs or changing lanes without signals.
They don't seem to do anything about what causes crashes, just about weather you were wearing a seatbelt when someone runs a stop sign and hits you.

Back to the original subject, there are WAY too many stupid things reaching a court room these days. (let alone the Supreme Court)

That in my opinion is as bad as a judge gets. "Works out." No it doesn't work out, because it cost a lot of people a LOT of time and money.

No, did you read it? The district judge RULED her porch WAS public property. He MADE a call and it was the dead wrong one.

Yes I read it and yes I think it was the wrong call. Judges will make rulings like that so that a higher court will clarify the states interpretation of, in this case, what being in public means. Evidently there was some debate about being in public within the lower court and the district court either did not want to define it or felt it best if a higher court difines it.

Yes I read it and yes I think it was the wrong call. Judges will make rulings like that so that a higher court will clarify the states interpretation of, in this case, what being in public means. Evidently there was some debate about being in public within the lower court and the district court either did not want to define it or felt it best if a higher court difines it.

Exactly!

It's pretty easy for me to rule. My front porch is NOT public property!!!!!

I can't see how it could be considered public. No way, no how.

Man, I should have been a judge!

Private property. Judge was wrong and wasted taxpayer money. He should be charged with incompetence.

Private property. Judge was wrong and wasted taxpayer money. He should be charged with incompetence.

If this steps on someones toes, I don`t care. Bet the judge was a liberal democrat.:finga::finga::finga:

I bought the freakin porch, I pay taxes on the freakin porch. It sure as hell is not "public"! MT

If yall cannot figure out how to get rid of the grey bars, I really feel for you.

The pic looks like they are searching for the 1 brain cell they share. Do you have it, no Fred had it last, where did he put it, what did you just step on, OH NO!

We had this same thing happening in our little town.
Cops rolling up on cookouts and porch parties and giving out
tickets for open container.
They ticketed a buddy and his wife for sitting in their garage and partaking
said any drinking that could be seen from the street was open container
and possible public intox.

Glad I live well off the road with 500' of woods tween us and the road.

-
Back