Irs

-

inkjunkie

Reaction score
at what point do you give up arguing with them? been going on for close to a year now. this will be the 6th time i have sent them in documents in support of my claim. each time i send stuff back we get closer to being in agreement. now we are only $1200 off in what we owed as a refund. get them on the phone and they agree with me, then 3 weeks later we get more crap in the mail from them that disagrees with what they said on the phone

Well here in Austin,I guy flew a plane into IRS building....
I guess you just got to stick what is on paper...They are crooks and they get away with it.
Good luck to ya,
Martin
Oh by the way I wish he picked the building south...That were my records are!!!:eek:ops:

Idiot's...........in 89' got a letter saying we owed $466 more. Looked close at the letter and there own math was so far off we only owed $8. Copied, circled and sent it back with a check for $8. Then 4 mos. later recieved a check for $348 saying there was a over payment..........wtf. Took me about a 1/2 hour to put that baby in the bank......lol. Never had any issues after that, thank god:D.

Get the name and personal phone extension of EVERY person you speak with. Get an e-mail address as well. Ask that they send you a confirmation e-mail regarding your discussion.

Keep a log, person, date, time, of every conversation and any resolutions.

If you keep getting conflicting info regarding something, ask to move up the foodchain.

Took my Aunt 2.5 years to resolve an audit that was in my opinion a total waste of time.

They are thieves for sure. This is at a state level but when I had my shop built they came out and reappraised my house and they got it WAY over what it's worth. I went online and looked at my neighbors houses and even the house down the road from me with shop, in ground pool and bigger house is not valued as much as mine!!!!! I'm going to appeal it.

Get the name and personal phone extension of EVERY person you speak with. Get an e-mail address as well. Ask that they send you a confirmation e-mail regarding your discussion.

Keep a log, person, date, time, of every conversation and any resolutions.

If you keep getting conflicting info regarding something, ask to move up the foodchain.

Took my Aunt 2.5 years to resolve an audit that was in my opinion a total waste of time.

Yep great advice!

the thing that is making me laugh is they have every single document they need, they have said over the phone that money in question is non-taxable yet when i get the settlement agreement from them they are saying the money is taxable. so i resend them the documents proving it is not, they agree on the phone and when the next settlement agreement shows up they are saying it is taxable....talk about chasing your tail.....

nothing like the 45 minute wait to get a person the phone......

the thing that is making me laugh is they have every single document they need, they have said over the phone that money in question is non-taxable yet when i get the settlement agreement from them they are saying the money is taxable. so i resend them the documents proving it is not, they agree on the phone and when the next settlement agreement shows up they are saying it is taxable....talk about chasing your tail.....

That's why we need to abolish the IRS.

Don't give up if you know you are right. I have been preparing taxes for almost 40 years and irs agents know less about taxes every year. Most of them would have no idea how to prepare their own tax return.

There is a plan called the Fair tax. it's a national sales tax that replaces ALL other federal taxes including all embedded taxes included in the "Pre-tax" sales price of goods (it is not added to the existing taxes).
One of the most important tenets of the idea is that it does away with the IRS, completely.

Get yourself a good tax attorney. Fighting the IRS is futile on your own. Big "frickin" waste of your time.

You guy's should own a business!!!!!!! My wife goes thru hell with them for the most stupid things!!!!!!! She gets letters stating that we overpaid in 2002 and send us a check,then the next month they say we owe money from 2002!!! I give my wife cuddo's i simply could not deal with it.*** wipes all of them!!!!!!

Looks like I might have it resolved.....was a bit of a misunderstanding on my part. We went from owing an additional $6k to getting a small refund.....We will be signing the papers & mailing them back tomorrow....hopefully this will be the end of it. Thanks for the advice, if this does not resolve it I am sending the whole mess of papers back to the guy that did my taxes......

You guy's should own a business!!!!!!! My wife goes thru hell with them for the most stupid things!!!!!!! She gets letters stating that we overpaid in 2002 and send us a check,then the next month they say we owe money from 2002!!! I give my wife cuddo's i simply could not deal with it.*** wipes all of them!!!!!!
Before my Dad passed away he had his own business, Jointless Gutters. He had a cpa on his payroll, was far easier than trying to figure it out on his own. He got audited damn near every chance they got, used to drive him out of his mind......

Go online and find an 'enrolled agent' in your area. They are qualified to represent you before the IRS. They are required to take extensive classes every year to keep their certification. Ever since I started getting my taxes done by one of these experts, I've never had any more problems. And he doesn't charge more than anyone else.

Looks like I might have it resolved.....was a bit of a misunderstanding on my part. We went from owing an additional $6k to getting a small refund.....We will be signing the papers & mailing them back tomorrow....hopefully this will be the end of it. Thanks for the advice, if this does not resolve it I am sending the whole mess of papers back to the guy that did my taxes......

Ink, I hope this resolves it. However, as several have suggested here, get someone you trust and can handle these things, to do your taxes in the future. I am no tax expert. But for about 17 years my vocation required me to file the same as a business, even though I did not have my own business. A personal friend was a tax accountant and he did my taxes, and took care of every hiccup. Sure took the pressure off. Wish you the best.

-
Back