Is '67 Notchback 273 A/C Disc/PS Car Rare?

-

sumbitmopar

Reaction score
I looked at a '67 Barracuda Notchback today. Car has a very clean looking 273 (Performer intake, 1850 Holley, small cam) column shift auto ( guess a 904, didn't look) and 8 1/4 rear. The cool part is the factory A/C (works, all new parts!)disc brakes, power steering and a rally dash with a factory tach. Needs right side lower 1/4, drivers floor, and some rear glass trim and other typical stuff but overall it's in pretty decent shape. Interior is out of it but he's got new seat covers, carpet, headliner. I can get it for $1500. How rare is a car that's optioned out like this one? I'm no body man so I know I can drop alot of $$ on paint and cosmetics but I'm kinda tempted. I just sold my '65 Satellite 383 4speed so......Somebody stop me!

Stop you? I can't believe you are debating whether to buy it. The a/c and interior probably cost 60-70% of the asking price. That car would bring over double that around here. Why are you reading this and not out paying for the car? LOL :toothy6:
Dallas
P.S. It's easy for me to tell someone else to spend their money. :toothy10::toothy10:

Yea! That's all I needed to hear! Poor guy say's he flat broke , lost his house and needs the car gone like now. I'll stick this one in the garage next to the '72 Demon . Thanks for the input and now I can blame you guys for this one! I'll post some pics after I get it home.

Just so you guys know, I have been told that I have some kinda affliction (addiction ?) to old cars. Here's just a few I can remember in the last 10 years: 72 Barracuda, 67 GTX, 66 Formula S 4 speed, 66 Cuda 273 4bbl., 72 Charger SE 400, 65 Satellite 383 4 speed, 71 Demon 318, 65 Belvedere 273, 64 Sport Fury 318 Poly 4bbl., 70 Challenger Convertable ( Go-Mango, 24k miles), 74 Challenger Rallye, 71 Gold Duster, 70 Challenger R/T Panther Pink, and about 5-6 Mustangs and Camaros. There's alot more from when I was younger, mostly GTO's, Firebird's and early Nova's. I've really been trying to quit lately........

Just so you guys know, I have been told that I have some kinda affliction (addiction ?) to old cars. Here's just a few I can remember in the last 10 years: 72 Barracuda, 67 GTX, 66 Formula S 4 speed, 66 Cuda 273 4bbl., 72 Charger SE 400, 65 Satellite 383 4 speed, 71 Demon 318, 65 Belvedere 273, 64 Sport Fury 318 Poly 4bbl., 70 Challenger Convertable ( Go-Mango, 24k miles), 74 Challenger Rallye, 71 Gold Duster, 70 Challenger R/T Panther Pink, and about 5-6 Mustangs and Camaros. There's alot more from when I was younger, mostly GTO's, Firebird's and early Nova's. I've really been trying to quit lately........

I don't know if it's an affliction or addiction, either. I've been trying to quit, too, have you seen my list of cars for sale? My problem is that when I get 'into' something I can't just settle for one, I want one of each. In 1990 I got interested in Shelby Dodges. I had 46 of them at one time before I quit. Then the nostalgia bug bit me and I went back to my roots, 'muscle era' Mopars. Now I'm getting the urge for a SRT Charger or Challenger.
I have always been a Mopar man but I've owned alot of neat brand X machinery over the years, too. I used to write down each car I bought or traded for. I quit many years ago when the list reached over 500 cars. No idea what the tally would be today. At least the cars are cheaper than women. :toothy6:
Dallas

And your asking our opinion on a $1500 car?You must be gettin old!!LOL!

I was asking if this was a commonly optioned 67 fish or did alot of them come with this equipment. I've never owned a 67-69 Barracuda, though I've always wanted a 68-69 Fastback car ( 340 or 383 preferably) I learned a long time ago to pick and choose my battles in life and that applies to cars too. If a 273 Notchback with these options is rare enough to put the TIME and $$ into the body, interior, and whatever else comes up then I'm a taker. I know $1500 is a deal on the car but is the car worth my effort? Unfortunately with the Economy the way it is there's no shortage of Fire Sales on some pretty cool cars around here. While out trying to find this car ( I was lost in a huge neighborhood full of neglected old cars) I ran into a 65 Impala SS with a Big Block and very little rust for sale. Pretty rare car, probably worth messin' with. Otherwise I'm in no hurry just to buy a run-of-the-mill Fish! Nothin' like standing next to a clean Slant six car parked next to a decent H-code car! Kinda like dating the pretty girl's Best Friend ( "but she's really sweet and has a good personality")! Need just a little to brag on I suppose! And age may be a state of mind but tell it to my body!

With the options you listed I'm wondering if it had deluxe interior and a reverb unit for the AM radio. It's not so rare though. Pwr steer and power disc brakes were put on a lot of \6 cars too.

The seat covers and carpet are about 600.00. I'd buy it

Well, I bought the 67 Notchback today. I gave the guy $1900. He gave me an incredible stash of new parts! New door panels, 2 new carpets, new headliner, new seat buns and Legendary seat covers (front and rear), new visors, new inside and outside door handles, new window fuzzies, new weather stripping ,new sill plates, even new fish emblems front and back along with new 273 emblems and all new stickers for the car ( including the Airtemp decal!). Also got the build sheet and Certicard. I must admit I felt guilty! He does HVAC and I'm gonna try to find him some work. Pictures coming soon. Question for you guys: He said this car was an original 273 4 bbl car w/factory dual exhaust. Could that be true? VIN is BH23D72259762 Build sheet says 36something. The seat spring rubbed out the 3rd digit. trans 534 axle 610 pinion 31

I dont think factory dual exhaust appeared before 68. The Commando engines did get a resinator with a rectangle tip on it though.

I had a 66 Formula S with the Commando motor and it had the large diameter high flow single exhaust with the rectangular tip. Sounded kinda like an old 66 Tempest 4 door 326 I had back in college in the 70's with a single exhaust and a Thrush glass-pack on it. Very old skool cool rumble. I'm all Mopar these days.

-
Back