Is anybody around N.C. area interested in a cheap /6?

-

dusted72

Thanks Hemiroid!!!!
Reaction score
All I have is just the motor and head bolted together still no accessories but the water pump I need to clean out my garage and it is time to go. I don't know what it was in originally but it was siting in my Duster when I got it.

you got that valiant taken apart yet
we have painted the 74 Satellite fo my dad since you picked up the car

No not yet I did get it running and I bought a 8 3/4 out of a 68 Satellite and got it in and a disc set up also. I am gonna start taking the Valiant apart this week I have been on vacation for the past 2 weeks and I am off this week to. So hopefully I can find someone with a cherry picker I can borrow so I can get the motor and tranny out this week and start getting the k member out too.

I was gonna take it to the scrap yard today but decided to give it a few days. How's $40 is that cheap enough. I figure that is about what I would get at the scrap metal place.

Make sure it's not a 198 before you throw it away. The rods are worth beaucoup bucks. The engine size is stamped on a pad under the alternator bracket.

I checked the numbers and looked at the pad by the alt. and there were 2 random 2's stamped on it. Also the casting number 2806830-4 did they use the same block for both? I found a site that was very unclear.

The 198 and the 225 used the same block casting so the casting number is no help. The stamping you are looking for is under the alternator bracket. The bracket has to come off to read it. You will find a number something like TT 225 XXXXXXX 2. I've spent almost 3 years looking for a set of 198 rods. They ain't easy to find.

There wasn't anything stamped on the block is there any other ways without taking it apart? Also what is a 198 worth?

-
Back