IS Dart Sport fender same as duster?

-

CudaDust

Under Construction
Reaction score
Found a 75 Dart Sport a guy is parting. Need to know if fender will work/is the same I mean on a 74 Duster.
Thanks

Here is difference. Look at wheel well. Duster swoops outward. dart sport has second line that follows opening.

Attachments

• 800px-'74_Plymouth_Duster_(Auto_classique_St._Lazare_'10).jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 340
  • 74_dart_sport_rallye_1.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 326
Alright before I bet a dead horse. If the guy has both fenders is there any issues with mounting up. And here is one more crazy thing I have a 75 Dart front end that I bought for the DS frame inner fender (mine is bent and top inner fender has small wrinkle)and radiator support (mine is gone).Has all the front complete hood, bumper, grill exc. except the fenders are a little messed up. I guess the only odd thing would be the wheel opening that ProStoker273 mentioned.

Side note on why I need fender car had
battle with tree limb DS fender creased on top u shaped bowed and somE cancers on bottom. Hood was also smashed in passenger side by the cowl along the back creased pretty good. Cowl also has dent but will pull it hopefully. The rest of the car is pretty straight and totally rust free.

So in my little head that has been through a couple explosions and sometimes goes in circles :violent1:(Irag demo duty) I could turn my Duster into a sort of Duster Sport. Seems like a lot of this stuff is bolt on unless there are way different front end stuff I'm not aware of. Does not help that the two cars are not at my house so cannot compare. Duster down road at my other land and have not picked Dart up yet paid for just got to get it.

Thanks for all the help!!!! Just don't want to lose a chance on the fenders as they are rust free and pretty fair priced (what happened to the $25 fender days) even though that seems like a small peace in the puzzle.

Try and put some pics on here
Again thanks!!!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 222
Radiator supports DS looks like they hit something low. Car was in Alaska for a little while so maybe frozen snow bank who knows.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 204
You need the entire front clip for that swap. I cant believe no one stated the most obvious diff, which is front to rear length due to the darts "beak" in that year. You will need the darts fenders, and hood, grille, and bumper. It is NOT as simple as the wheel arch. I had to resell some duster fenders i made the same mistake with.

You need the entire front clip for that swap. I cant believe no one stated the most obvious diff, which is front to rear length due to the darts "beak" in that year. You will need the darts fenders, and hood, grille, and bumper. It is NOT as simple as the wheel arch. I had to resell some duster fenders i made the same mistake with.

This is correct. The Dart fenders will not fit with the rest of the Duster front clip. The only way to do the swap is to change out all of the body parts from the doors forward. In addition to the fenders, hood, grille and bumper, you'll also need the hood latch support and the header panel (the "beak" in this case).

72blunblu,
Thanks for the info
Have Dart front end complete from end of trans tail shaft forward. Someone long before me took sawzall and cut car in half to get back end. They also took the roof.from top of a pillars. May give it a shot since I have all the parts and have not seen Duster hood or DS fender close to me.

misread the sawzall comment. disregard. just wanted to make sure you knew we meant you're only swapping body panels...no structural pieces.

All,
Wanted to say THANKS for all the help not totally new to Mopars but wanted to make sure I was not missing anything. Have done some metal replacement before so not my first rodeo. Replaced rear Quarters, trunk floor, top of window frame, firewall pieces, and other misc. stuff on 70 Barracuda Grande Coupe while I was Stationed In Hawaii at Barbers Point had a guy named Dave that worked at the auto hobby shop that I picked his brain dry on Mopar stuff. Just wanted to make sure had my ducks in a row and it helps to get feedback. Wish a site like this was around back then would have been very helpful.
This Site Rocks Thanks Guys!!!!!!!

-
Back