Is Dodge giving up on the 2013 Challenger?

-

Glen

Reaction score
I rolled into the Dodge dealer in Georgetown,TX where I got my 2010 Challenger to price out some Mopar mudflaps. A salesman talks with me about my aging R/T Challenger when it dawns on me. Where are the Challengers anyway? The front row is nothing but Jeeps and Dodge Darts. What Challengers they do have available are in the back of the dealers lot- you have to go looking for them. The salesman says thats what the sales boss wants.
Now in two other local Dodge dealers (Killeen, Temple,TX) I've noticed the same thing. No Challengers on the front row. This might even be a nationwide deal where Mopar is focusing on the Jeep and Dodge Dart product, and letting the Challenger taper off into oblivion. It's like"We don't care anymore. Those who want a Challenger will have to hunt for them".
Has anyone else noticed in there area that their local Dodge dealer doesn't put Challengers out front anymore? Just wondering.

At least 25 2 rows in the middle of chargers and 300 L here the last time I was at our dealership, the Darts and Avengers in a row of there own
But this was back in late November to early December.

The Dart has missed it's sales target, that could be the reason for the front row action.
More exsposer.
Since the time lapse of the Neon & the introduction of the Dart, Chyrsler buyers went elsewhere to buy small cars.
Now its time to remind customers that Chyrsler has a small car to offer.
The Avenger, with the Pentastar V6 is a great mid size package now as well.
So I understand the frontline display.
Also, I keep reading about a Challenger replacement, the Barracuda.
It is to be smaller, lighter & more powerfull to do battle with the Mustang & Camero.
The Challenger could be history.
I understand that the next Mustang will move from the retro look also.
Lets face it, the Challenger is to heavy to compete with the other two Pony cars.
Yes, it was fast, sold in good numbers & more people friendly than the other two.
But it didn't lead its class.
Thats kinda hard to admit, since I'm a true MoPar or no car guy.
The Mustang got the Hot Rodder.
The camero got the teenage high school girls
The Challenger got the generation that remembers the "good ole days".
Anyway, thats my take on it.

I sold cars in between jobs for a while . Learned alot. You have to take in consideration location and time of year. While Challengers might do well in the spring and summer . SUV'S , 4 wheel drive units do better fall and winter and while Challengers are a hot item its better to carry two or three rather then twenty. If you want to buy you can always tell the sales person what you want and they can locate a vehical from another lot. Face it thats Mopar anymore you don't know how long anything is going to last.

I highly doubt dodge is giving up the challenger. Its a huge seller and you see them everywhere.

The last I heard, the Challenger is going to end either this year or 2014. Can't remember if I read that or just heard a rumor. Hopefully it's untrue and they will have the Challenger and Cuda.

Its all what people are buying TODAY, not last year or even last month

Likely most who wanted a newer Challenger have already brought one and like you, they are not trading them in for another. People no longer beat the heck out of them like Kowalski did, lol

theres still big $ out there i would spend 50 on a nicely restored 70 tho 72 was my favorite love my 64/65s barracuda"s but from what i seen of the next barracuda if true they misssed it real bad that ship has sunk just my thoughts

The last I heard, the Challenger is going to end either this year or 2014. Can't remember if I read that or just heard a rumor. Hopefully it's untrue and they will have the Challenger and Cuda.

It was reported by Dodge they would give up the Challenger for 2014 and start making the "Barracuda" in 2015.

But according to Dodge the Challenger will still continue being made as the big hefty beast it is and the Barracuda will be smaller to more compete with the Mustang and Camaro.

God forbid they would bring back the Demon name, that took some guts back in 1971...today it never fly

When my dad was young and cruising in his Charger he remembers racing this kid with a Demon. The kid's parents though were so religious they made the kid take off all the Demon emblems and name.

God forbid they would bring back the Demon name, that took some guts back in 1971...today it never fly

Totally disagree. I think it'd do a lot better now than it did back then. Why do I think that? One reason is a lot more people today are obsessed with names from the dark side. Plus things are just a lot more liberal today.

Back on topic, there weren't many Challengers at my local dealer last time I looked either but I figured it's cause it's winter and you know how a rear wheel drive car won't even move if there's as much as a dusting of snow on the ground... LOL

demon, rwd, same but newer style body ( please make it narrow) 375 horse 5 spd 6 spd 4.11 gears

chally the same,

dart, i believe its fwd and thats embarrassing to me.

cuda, make it look like a 70 or a 69 notch back with the 392 hemi and around 450 horse with 4.30 or 4.56 gears and a 6 spd

lets hope for a competion style like the ol days and im not an old man im 25 and im dying to see the cars be made like they should be

Supposedly there is going to be a SRT Cuda, but then again there was also suppose to be a Challenger convertible.

the challenger will get a face lift in 2014 and soon there after be replaced by the srt barracuda chrysler is wanting to get away from the tired and larger LX platform, so it will take some time but the challenger charger and 300 will get dropped or moved to a new platform and get a tottal redesign change

It took guts to not expect that dimwits with a fear of imaginary creatures would start a boycott?

Today we have a good word for that sort of nonsense, terrorism. I think if they tried it again it would succeed. People don't have the same idiotic fears of words. (most of us anyways)

-
Back