is it worth it? 71 scamp

-

rigrunner

rigrunner
Reaction score
i found a 71 valiant scamp close to my house for sale it has an automatic trans, dont know which one. slant 6, odometer reads 73xxx miles. guy says runs great. has some rust in the rear quarters, one not bad, one needs entire bottom replaced and a small dent infront of the right rear tire but looks like an easy fix. seats need covering but everything else needs gone thru. hes asking $750 obo. wasnt able to get any pics. just curious if this might be worth purchasing? thanks

Where I live, that would go for triple that price, minimum.

Test drive it. If it really does run great it's a steal.

gonna check it out again and see if the man will meet me to drive. said its been sittin 10 years but hes been driving it and says motor and tranny perfect and he also has a swinger v8 4bbl for 1400

That is a steal! go for it bro, i bought a 71 scamp /6 a few years back for $1200 and it ran like a champ after adding brake fluid and gas. only thing was when i removed my vinyl top, i found a lot of rust holes everywhere on the roof and window openings. your rust problem doesnt sound as bad as mines.

went back this morning with my dad and looked at it. the rust where the top is put together is full of pinholes and it rained yesterday and the floor was pretty wet. i think its more than i want to deal with, but im no body man migiht not be too bad def needs a complete resto.

if you don't want either car let me know, i may be interested

havent seen the the swinger he says its v8 4bbl needs brake work and is trying to sell some cars to finish up some other mopars but going broke in the process. the cars are in ararat nc about 7 miles west of pilot mtn off hwy 268. if your interested send me a message and ill get you his number.

Even with the wet floors, it's a good deal. Nevertheless, you are smart to walk away, rather than get in over your head. I wish I had that kind of self control in the past. BTW, I like the Valiant in your avitar. What color is that?

Even with the wet floors, it's a good deal. Nevertheless, you are smart to walk away, rather than get in over your head. I wish I had that kind of self control in the past. BTW, I like the Valiant in your avitar. What color is that?

not sure of the color its the factory blue from 73. its my first mopar and the start of an addiction lol

are you talking about ararat that is on the va, nc line near mt. airy?

-
Back