Is jegs slipping

-
I've only called Jegs with questions and asked for pricing. They were not to nice and they were almost 50 bucks more expensive than summit. They wouldn't match summits price.
Call summit and always get good service. I have only had one problem in 20 yrs and they shipped the wrong bushing out, they couldn't find it alone so shipped a whole kit for free. They always match, or beat prices and offer a military or racer discount that they don't advertise. Usually 10%.
Well it looks like jegs LOST this race. I guess ill start hunting down parts at summit again. Thanks for helping
Gary

Jegs has always priced matched for me as long as the part is in stock at the other place you are trying to match the price to.

As long as people are involved there will be mistakes. I ordered 2 track locator kits from one of the excellent chassis shops and in both kits all heim joints were right handed threads. People error. They immediately shipped the required left handed units when I called. I usually use Jegs and have had excellent service for many many years. I have used them all!!

For building materials.... brackets, adaptors, chassis stuff I use several different outfits who sell racer direct. Engine parts usually come from the manufacturer... Jones Cams, RaceTec and Venolia pistons, Si or Xceledyne for valves, Trend for valve train parts.

I buy tubing from a steel distributor or any circle track chassis builder or supplier.

I' ve also used Howard's, Ross, Bullet cams, Hughes, etc.

I buy carbs parts from Holley or Edelbrock.

I seldom buy from the big guys simply because I'd sooner deal direct with people who know their products rather than some 18 year old who thinks a Duster is what his GrandMa uses on her shelves. The prices are competitve and you usually get the right stuff the first time.

I just bought a kit to rebuild a tandem fuel/power steering pump from KSE who made the pump and got rebuild parts for my Woodward steering rack straight from Woodward. They dated my parts and will line hone the rack housing and install the new bushings for me when I'm ready.

I bought three Ti valve spring retainers from Crower... one to use two for spares. Can't do that with Jegs/Summit.

The last time I bought from Jeg's was about ten years ago when I bought some small stuff for my early Hemi build. Likely I haven't spent $300 at Jeg's or Summit in the last 15 years. Their catalogs are mostly Chevy parts so you may as well buy from companies who sell Mopar parts.

I also buy a lot of good used stuff. The basic twin tube shocks I have for my chassis are $180.00 each new. I bought 11 used shocks that will need to be revalved and serviced. Paid $90.00 them. The repairs will be $25.00 per shock.

If I didn't shop around I wouldn't have any of my race stuff or shop equipment.

Last edited:
FWIW, if you are talking about distributors (not mfr's) , I buy from Jegs, Summit, Speedway, Mancini and others. I look as much for availability as for price.

The last order from Jegs was for 2 MP rocker shafts and only 1 was in the box, despite the invoice showing 2. No holes in the box, so the JEG's shipping dept was to blame. They made it right but had to wait 2-3 weeks for the 2nd shaft. Glad I was not in a big hurry, but Summit and all others were going to take a month or more the ship them.

FWIW, we order a couple hundred $k in equipment every year for business, about half through distributors. We find that there are some reliable distributor's shipping depts and some not so reliable, so finding differences between auto parts distributors is believable. But they all mess up sooner or later. It is a waste of our time, but shipping clerks are not the best and brightest and best paid employees in such organizations....

Summit is the best !
I once ordered a set of Moly Retainers and they sent me 16.... 16 boxes of 4 ! lol

Rockauto once sent me a Chevy bushing instead of a Mopar one but made up for it by including 4 O2 sensors...lol

Amazon sent me a bolt kit for a Chevy Comp cams 3 piece timing cover out of the blue... I had just ordered a Wideband O2 kit and was pissed that they had screwed up. The Wideband showed up on schedule 2 days later. no clue why they sent the bolt kit !

The last order from Jegs was for 2 MP rocker shafts and only 1 was in the box, despite the invoice showing 2. No holes in the box, so the JEG's shipping dept was to blame. They made it right but had to wait 2-3 weeks for the 2nd shaft. Glad I was not in a big hurry, but Summit and all others were going to take a month or more the ship them.

so, what you're telling me, is that jeggs gave you the shaft?

Mancini and Rock Auto are the worst at screwing you dry on shipping !
Rock Auto never seems to have parts at the same location ! F#$%%& Amazing !
Mancini wont tell you what shipping charge is until after you order..and apperently they are paying some kid 50$/hr to put a bolt in a box !

Mancini and Rock Auto are the worst at screwing you dry on shipping !
Rock Auto never seems to have parts at the same location ! F#$%%& Amazing !
Mancini wont tell you what shipping charge is until after you order..and apperently they are paying some kid 50$/hr to put a bolt in a box !

Rock Auto has a good website for a reference...

Years ago I had a $25 gift certificate... Cost me $21.00 for my free parts.

Since I have a Summit close to me I go there. But when I didn't have a Summit close I still bought from Summit. Customer service is awesome.

-
Back