is power steering box on a 70 dart the same as a 71 cuda box?

-

73dart360

Reaction score
I am taking power steering box off my dart and replacing with a borgeson ,My brothers box on his 71 Cuda is no good,Are the boxes the same

..........I may be, but check to make sure the pitman shaft is the same size...if the nut on the bottom is the same size it will work............u will need to use the pitman arm off the cuda kim.....

My first thought was NO. So I went to the A1 Cardone website and they listed different part numbers for the 2 cars you mentioned. So My guess is still NO.

From the factory, both cars would have small sector(1.125) boxes. Yes they will interchange. However, '73 and up large sector boxes(1.25) will bolt into all E and B bodies, so you should check the cuda to make sure it wasn't replaced with a large sector box. Measure the output shaft, not the nut.

From the factory, both cars would have small sector(1.125) boxes. Yes they will interchange. However, '73 and up large sector boxes(1.25) will bolt into all E and B bodies, so you should check the cuda to make sure it wasn't replaced with a large sector box. Measure the output shaft, not the nut.
Thanks Matto will do

-
Back