Is Power Steering Possible in a Big Block 67-9 Cuda?

-

cosgig

MoBro Inc.
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Howdy people, cosgig here. I have a friend that wants to install power steering into his big block 67 Cuda. He wants to buy the OE stuff from me, but I kinda want to make sure it’s possible to run PS in a big block 67-9 Cuda before I pull it all. I don’t know whether he’s running Headers or not, maybe that would make a difference? Any input would be welcome and very much appreciated. Thanks all, and enjoy your weekends!

Yes, I've seen power steering in a big block a-body...

Here's one in a 68 Dart with a 440 that was at Belvidere Happening last month...

DSC07786 B.JPG

DSC07788 B.JPG

DSC07793 B.JPG

DSC07792 B.JPG

DSC07790 B.JPG

DSC07797 B.JPG

DSC07795 B.JPG

DSC07856 B.JPG

DSC07859 B.JPG

DSC07861 B.JPG

Last edited:
Howdy people, cosgig here. I have a friend that wants to install power steering into his big block 67 Cuda. He wants to buy the OE stuff from me, but I kinda want to make sure it’s possible to run PS in a big block 67-9 Cuda before I pull it all. I don’t know whether he’s running Headers or not, maybe that would make a difference? Any input would be welcome and very much appreciated. Thanks all, and enjoy your weekends!

You can run a 440 with headers and p/s in that gen a body... Look at the photos that I just added to my post above.... ^^^^^^

Yes, with 69/69 original manifolds or Schumaker Tri-Y headers. 67 Original Manifolds were not designed for Power steering , this is the reason PS was not offered in 67, 68/69 had a driver side manifold casting change that allowed PS. This is for the 383. 440 cars never came with PS if one is seen it was installed after purchase. I am installed PS in my Dart 440 using 383 manifolds for 68/69 casting. Hose connection at the PS box may require some fancy connector, as well the block may need an cast ear ground off a bit.

Well, the update is that he has 67 manifolds and a 4 speed. Sounds like his current setup is a no go!! Thanks people, you’re always right on the spot with helpful information and advise!

-
Back