Is that a Dart dash in that Barracuda??

-

RzeroB

Reaction score
Came across this pretty nice looking '68 Barracuda 318/904 fastback on Craigslist. While perusing the pics, came across this one of the interior. Is that instrument panel and dash right for a Barracuda? Looks more like one from a Dart or something.

00F0F_fqjWdiPNfEO_600x450.jpg

00M0M_l84vgFCWaR0_600x450.jpg

high back bucket seats and look at the pedals.......what a butchered up car.

high back bucket seats and look at the pedals.......what a butchered up car.

I think its a 4 speed car. Looks like the clutch pedal is up under the dash, and there could be a 4 speed hump under that carpet where that butt ugly auto shifter is.

I wouldn't call it butchered though. Definitely not all original, but all original is boring anyway. The high back seats are probably harder to come by than the low backs, and if the tracks are right they're worth more too. No mention at all about the dash, which is interesting. I seriously doubt that's a bolt in mod, but the dash doesn't appear to be hacked up too bad in the pictures. That would warrant a closer look for sure.

The whole ad is here. He's a little high on the price, but most people trying to sell are.

http://stlouis.craigslist.org/cto/4548874267.html

I think its a 4 speed car. Looks like the clutch pedal is up under the dash, and there could be a 4 speed hump under that carpet where that butt ugly auto shifter is.

I wouldn't call it butchered though. Definitely not all original, but all original is boring anyway. The high back seats are probably harder to come by than the low backs, and if the tracks are right they're worth more too. No mention at all about the dash, which is interesting. I seriously doubt that's a bolt in mod, but the dash doesn't appear to be hacked up too bad in the pictures. That would warrant a closer look for sure.

The whole ad is here. He's a little high on the price, but most people trying to sell are.

http://stlouis.craigslist.org/cto/4548874267.html

Agree, this car looks pretty clean, not like the butchered cars I have seen over the years....

Needs some work ... could be a good candidate for a kind of semi "resto-mod"??

Doesn't look like 2nd generation A body pedal - perhaps 1st generation A body, or earl B or C body brake pedal -looks like a standard brake pedal. Is that a clutch pedal on the floor or the corner of the vent box? While not "butchered" it is definitely cobbled together from different cars.

there may not be too much holding the piece of a different dash in there. It looks like it nearly fills out the 68 dash pads surrounding it.

-
Back