Is The Demon Next To Be Re-done By Chrysler?

-

7demon2

Registered User #1824
Reaction score
well it looks like it might .......at least in name. you can click on the picture up top and see all of the photos. it sure isn't the demon i know and love. i bet they cave on the name. here is the link you can see for yourself
http://www.thecarconnection.com/Car...ars/2007_Dodge_Demon_Concept.S283.A11893.html

2007 demon.jpg

thats like the superbird? and its HIDIOUS...

atleast this looks ok. nothing like the old demon i think. drop the name and chose something different.

Can't imagine why they would want to call it a Demon other than it's a good name. The car bears no resemblance so call it something else.

I think that Nissan will sue them for copying the 350Z. :butthead:

I believe that the name will hurt sales, one because it doesn't resemble the original Demon and two, I know of a few people that weren't allowed to buy it because of their parents having religious phobia's over the name.

It seems that the best sales of an old name is to make it retro and maintain the older look in the design

how about callin' that one a dart........but offer a DEMON VERSION...throw in the srt-4 motor and only offer it in the old colors (like the charger daytonas)..with the demon stripes and some type of grabber scoop??? ;-)

The first time around Dodge had to drop the Demon nameplate after 2 years because they got so much negative reaction from ?? religious groups that they finally caved in and dropped the name. I doubt very much they'd tempt the fates by reviving the Demon name again - at least not for a production car.

the "demon" name might work alone, but if the little devil guy is included with his pitchfork then all bets are off......

Man, that crosshair grille has got to go... it's long overstayed its welcome on Dodge cars.

As for the Demon name, if history has taught us anything, it's that in two years after the car's debut, it will be renamed Caliber Sport. :p

very true..only lasted 2 years back then./.now we have all these controversial panzies...yep..won't make it..if anything i'm tellin' ya, they're gonna change it to dart...it looks like a dart anyways..or valiant...or swinger

it looks nothing like a dart nor a cuda nor a valiant nor a demon nor a duster, or anything from the era they are aiming for.. i say that if they try and push one of those names on it diamlerchrysler looses some points..

Its to new not retro enough.. and its a 2 seater convertible, was there any of those back when? Nope. I think its gay..Gay like a BMW Z3 roadster. haha

Don't like it!!!
I am still disappointed that they did not do the cuda.
I would have been happy with a chrysler Cuda

as far as im concerned chrysler is going to s#%t in a handbasket. the new cars all look the same, a 4 door JEEP??? giime a f'n break!! the trucks are all bubbly looking with those faggy euro lights. mopar muscle mag has gone to s@$t too. im about 2 heartbeats away from buying a mustang. damn daimler germans

the frist thing i thought when i saw that was someone with photoshop skills went to work on a honda S2000 ne1 else see ther resemblence lol by the way thats a pretty queer car to call a demon

Yep, in my opinion it is butt ugly. But why should we be surprised, look at what DC did to the Charger nameplate, twice even.. Hopefully this new Challenger coming out will maintain at least for the most part the look of the prototype. But this is sad, build it if you want but don't try and sell it because of a namplate that has class.

Call it something else for sure. Maybe Dodge Copperhead. Anything but Demon.

"Well the new Challenger made up for putting 4 doors on a charger and daytona badges and a wing on a 4 door truck so lets just go ahead and make an ugly BMW ripoff and try to discrace the Demon name."

you guys, they're just tryin' to bring a slow rebirth to muscle...and fcat is, with newer emissions and stuff, this will sell. i'm sayin' it doesn't look like a valiant or dart, but if you looks past the old school name, like the charger..you'll see the name fits... dart sounds like it would be "dartting"around..and valiant...just has me picturing like it flyin'..very aero visual to it....you gotta look at todays standards and outside the box

Its looks are ok. No demon name though. I agree, call it the copperhead, sense they failed to bring out the copperhead. I was wondering if Dodge would come out with a roadster to compete with the Soltice. Maybe they can drop in the 300hp setup thats gonna be in the SRT4 Caliber. I say build it.

copperhead5.jpg

yep...if they throw in the 330hp 2.4l single turbo...with how light it is..doin' the math, you're talkin' high 11's or low 12's..STOCK!!!! And you'll have great gas milage..only bad thing..NO V8 SOUND!!! :'( ...I could see it being named coronet or duster too..kinda looks like it'd be named duster...it'll leave ya in the dust

Well Damiler is doing its best to run all the loyal chrysler/dodge buyers off.

And they have done it to me and I been a loyal chrysler product buyer since 1965 and NO more.

Ugly products and will not stand behind the warranty.

And to bring back the old muscle car names and put them on what they are showing us.

If it wasn't for the Cummins I be gone for good with there new junk.

Just my .02 worth.

Thanks,

-
Back