Is the factory 5/16 fuel line big enough for a 750 cfm carb?

-

Moparmadness408

Reaction score
So I’m just curious if I have to swap to a 3/8 fuel line or will the 5/16 work for a 408 stroker engine with an edelbrock 1411 carburetor with a Holley 110 gph mechanical fuel pump.

Plenty, yes, but there'll be a parade of gurus telling you to upgrade. It's your money, but it's better spent in other areas, imo.

I would.....in fact i would put a 1/2 line on it....says the performance guy

How do you plan to run the car. Dragrace.... Go big.
Street.... 5/16 good as others have said.

Edelbrock carbs have small fuel bowl....at least smaller then holley.....

I went from 8:10 1/8 et with 5/16 to 7:90 1/8 et with 1/2 in fuel line!! Everyone combo is different.. I would never tell someone that the up grade in fuel line diameter was a waste of money. You never know till you do it. If you pickup some et great. If not, you will the bigger fuel line if you ever want to go with a faster or bigger motor.. great question

Just my 2 cents but the needle and seat in the carb are I think .125 and if you have two of them add you get 1/4inch of holes.never mind all that crap yes your fine with 5/16 line. Good luck with it.

I’m in the stock 5/16” sized line on this issue. We run several Holley, Carter and Edelbrock 750+ CFM applications and never run short on fuel supply. I personally haven’t seen a need to upgrade the fuel line size.

The 5/16 would be fine........
if every turn was kink free,
and there was no rust inside of it,
if the sock in the tank was clear,and
the sender didn't have that horrid bend in it,
and if all the 5/16 jumpers were brand new, not kinked, and had decent clamps on them,
and if you had a pusher pump at the back;
then it would be fine for the street, cuz she'll hardly ever be at WOT for more than 3 to 5 seconds, unless you enjoy being a risk taker.
There is a test to determine if your current fuel system is up to it.

xxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
My [email protected] cammed 367 with a 750DP, went 93 in the Eighth... with a 3/8 line and a HO mechanical pump. That's a pretty good number for a street 360@3467 pounds and 930ft elevation. I wonder if the 3/8 line had anything to do with that? IDK; no before and afters.
Honestly; buy a roll of line and some tools, and in a couple of hours, you will never have to think about it again. Be sure and do some timed before and after runs, and then you will know what your time was worth. Just don't kink the line, and don't put any 90s in it, and be sure to run the 3/8 all the way into the gasoline; you will have to mod the sender and pick up a 3/8 sock from Chrysler.
I hate the racket that the electric pumps make, so not ever getting one. Chrysler has a P4007040; [email protected] Small-block pump listed, which is the one I installed..... in year 1999.
If you kink the line, start over with a new line .......... think about it... no 90*s.
If you patch it,
1) you may not be legal to run at the track
2) it might leak, and depending where the patch is, your car could catch fire
3) if it doesn't leak fuel, it could still leak air, and your engine will tell you right away how much it doesn't like that.
4) a new fuel line is incredibly cheap compared to a new engine..... or finding a replacement car.

I took a couple of these, sorry, what was the question?

s-l1600.jpg

-
Back