Is the fusible link a replaceable part?

-

yellowghost

Reaction score
I did something stupid today. Car was not starting even though the charger said it was full. So I tried a spare battery from a different car and not looking at the terminals put them on backwards. Smoke came from the harness on the firewall and I took the terminals off and tried to look for burnt wires. Pretty sure the fusible link wire is bad now. What kind of tool do i need to remove it from the harness? I got my car booked for an alinement friday.

Thanks
Jeff

Year One has the fusible link with OEM connectors or you could just nuy a fusible link from a part store atnd install with crimp connectors.

Year One has the fusible link with OEM connectors or you could just nuy a fusible link from a part store atnd install with crimp connectors.

Just make sure if you use crimp connectors that you tape the whole fusible link with electrical tape so moisture can't enter it and corrode it!

Thanks guys. Definitely go with year one unless I can track down a used one in good condition. A dealership in Quebec has 5 apperently but I will believe that when I see it. But how do I replace this wire? The spade end looks like its embedded right into the plastic harness. Even once it is out, what sort of tool do I need to push it back into the harness without destroying it.

Jeff

Did not say,just that it is near montreal. I have a feeling that they are not actually in stock, perhaps inventory was never updated, and even if it is true, I doubt they will send me what I need. There must be a reason they have something that old. Probably hoarding them?

When to a local wrecking yard today for a blower motor for a toyota and there was a dodge dart, not sure what year but there it was with the fusible link wire I need. For some reason its a female end, not male like the one that I removed. But should be easy to attach a bullet connector to it. Also bought a new cigarette lighter assembly too as mine is fried. And best part is, there was another dart, perhaps two waiting to be processes monday or tuesday.

-
Back