• Yes

Votes: 9 28.1%
  • No

Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Kind of

Votes: 10 31.3%

• Total voters
-
Mopar used the term "sports roof" all inclusively.

Hey all,
I was talking the other day with a few buddies about my Duster and they said that according to Wikipedia(I know not reliable at all) the Duster is a semi-fastback. My argument is no it isn’t as it doesn’t slope to the back of the car, so who’s right here? Is it a fastback, semi-fastback, or neither? Lmk thanks!

Mopar used the term "sports roof" all inclusively.
The Barracuda was clearly referred to as a Fastback in all the literature. It used the all inclusive sport roof VIN, there was no point in having a different VIN for each different roofline.

Alan

Yet that's exactly what they did.

Not sure how ford differentiated the different roofs on mustangs, torinos and even galaxies but Mopar used entirely different model designations and sometimes even car lines , IE the 21/23 and 29 body.

It's your car. It's whatever you think it is.
That is a nice sentiment to have but not entirely reasonable or accurate.
THIS isn't exactly a woman no matter what IT claims to be:

1688155603573.png

The Duster is classified as a fastback due to the relationship of the angle difference between the rear window and trunk lid. Look at the 73 Mustang for example...Sure, it is a hideous car but the entire window lays at barely 1 1/2 degrees from true horizontal.
The 64-66 Barracudas were true fastbacks, as were the 66-67 Chargers, All Dusters/Demons and Dart Sports and of course the specific 67-69 Barracuda.

That is a nice sentiment to have but not entirely reasonable or accurate.
THIS isn't exactly a woman no matter what IT claims to be:

View attachment 1716108775

The Duster is classified as a fastback due to the relationship of the angle difference between the rear window and trunk lid. Look at the 73 Mustang for example...Sure, it is a hideous car but the entire window lays at barely 1 1/2 degrees from true horizontal.
The 64-66 Barracudas were true fastbacks, as were the 66-67 Chargers, All Dusters/Demons and Dart Sports and of course the specific 67-69 Barracuda.
Well you know, "these days" anything goes. lol

-
Back