Is there a source to find how many 1968 Barracudas were painted a certain color?

-

SKR8PN

Reaction score
Mine is a 1968 Fastback painted LL-1. Would love to know how many of the total production and how many 340-S Fastbacks were painted that color.

Surf Turquois Metallic... who came up with all these cool names for Mopar colors
Just the color itself is pretty darn cool!

IMG_2469.jpg

There is no way to know, But I was at the dealership checking in the cars and can tell you that is an unusual color as well as my dark green as I had to special order it. Nice car.

No, there is no surviving record that breaks down paint colors. But from experience it is pretty clear that the three shades of Turquoise are some of the least common colors.

Mopar only started using "artistic" color names in 1968. In 1967, the names were purely descriptive: Dark Turquoise and Light Turquoise. In 68, they became Surf Turquoise and Mist Turquoise. By 1969, they were more imaginative, adding Seafoam Turquoise as well as color names like Limelight, Sandpebble Beige, Black Velvet. And of course, in 1970 they introduced the "high impact" colors with wild names like Go Mango and Plum Crazy.

Of course, it was brother...but Timothy Leary didn't work for the Chrysler corporation. You were getting short changed...we got 4 finger bags and a thumb in Illinois. You could fill up an original Big Bambu paper with just one of those sacks! LOL
lmao, always the one upmanship. :lol:

Of course, it was brother...but Timothy Leary didn't work for the Chrysler corporation. You were getting short changed...we got 4 finger bags and a thumb in Illinois. You could fill up an original Big Bambu paper with just one of those sacks! LOL
Timothy Leary didn't have to work for Chrysler for the managers to get the good stuff.

Mine is a 1968 Fastback painted LL-1. Would love to know how many of the total production and how many 340-S Fastbacks were painted that color.
Not that I’m aware of. From what I’m understanding Chrysler had a big fire and a lot of documents had been destroyed. We’re lucky we have manufactures numbers by engine, transmission and body style.

Not that I’m aware of. From what I’m understanding Chrysler had a big fire and a lot of documents had been destroyed. We’re lucky we have manufactures numbers by engine, transmission and body style.
I believe that fire story has been debunked.

-
Back