Is there not much choice when it comes to aftermarket seats?

-

Judge Mills

1971 Plymouth Duster
Reaction score
Seems like most of the aftermarket seats are of the same design, just from a different name.. Jegs, Summit, APC... it's the same seat!

55570240.gif

Besides ultra-expensive Racaro's, what else is there? Anything?

Careful, I bought a set of those budget Procars (About $240-ish a seat I think).

They were VERY cheaply made and I sent them back. I am going with these Corbeau LG1 seats instead. They are still $400 each (plus $50 for a lumbar bag)..but I want to be comfortable while driving my car. Plus there is no back seat, so there is no material matching to be concerned with.

LG1-25509-right-mid.jpg

Seems like most of the aftermarket seats are of the same design, just from a different name.. Jegs, Summit, APC... it's the same seat! Besides ultra-expensive Racaro's, what else is there? Anything?

Sure! Tip toe through multimake salvage yards and pick a pair you like. You'll probably need to fabricate adapters for the seat mounts, and will need to re-cover them to match the back seat. The Olds Cutlass International Edition and the Buick T-Types had good seats. Lear-Siegler, I think. I've liked the buckets from the 1st gen Taurus.

If you use 60-70 vintage seats, you'll probably be best off re-drilling the floor pans and patching over any original holes you're not going to use. Remember to re-inforce the floor pan where the new bolt holes are. It really wrecks your day when a bolt pulls through the floorboard on impact with a substantial object.

Joe has the same ones that I just got. They are the Procar elite lumbars.

http://www.procarbyscat.com/Products_EliteLumbar.asp

They are one amazing seat! They were a bit spendy for me, including the mounts that fit the car, but worth every single penny. Makes the car one comfortable ride!

yea man they are very nice seats. very well built and stitched, cost me about $800 for the pair with mounting brackets. lil pricey but after driving it on multiple 2+ hour trips this summer it was well worth it.

seats006.jpg

seats050.jpg

-
Back