Is there such a thing as factory sbp 15" rims??

-

4spdragtop

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Looking for rims for my 69 cuda, everything is sbp, is there any factory steelies that are 15" thanks for the input

4spdragtop

Hey Steve, Don't think so. You will have to order them, my Cousin did for his Demon. I think he has 15"x8" on the rear and 15"x6" on the front.I do belive it cost him about $800.00 U.S. for all. Hope this helps. Craig.

Attachments

• Picture 033.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 517
There is a pair of 15x6 sbp rallyes on Ebay right now up for auction.
Must be custom made.

Stockton wheel has steel and rallye wheels, in various sizes, in small bolt pattern and 15 inch.
They have center caps and trim rings too.

I have a set of 15" staggered fitment small bolt pattern on my Dart. I priced out new at Stockton, and complete set is about a grand, with caps, rings, etc.

Slant/6,
Remember, they used B-body brakes and rear ends. And the racers took the stock tires and wheel off them when they put their racing tires and wheels on. A lot of them used the stock wheels and tires on their trailers. Ever see a SBP axle on a trailer??

There's a guy who will make these for you, for less than any of the "wheel houses".

PM me if you want info and pics of the wheels he made for me.

BTW, several FABO guys used him as well and were very happy.

Just my $.02

If you have them made, they'll definitely *be correct*. he strips a sbp 14" wheel, takes the center section and welds it to a 15" hoop. He can make the offset whatever you need/want. He makes the wheels for Wheel Vintiques/Summit, Stockton etc.....he's (one of) *the guy(s)* who does the fab work for them....he also works with customers directly.

I reread my back & forths with my wheel builder. Depending on year, disc/drum, rear end etc, the BS may need to be different.

I think my rear BS was 4.5", but the front was 4" (discs up front)

PK

If you have them made, they'll definitely *be correct*. he strips a sbp 14" wheel, takes the center section and welds it to a 15" hoop. He can make the offset whatever you need/want. He makes the wheels for Wheel Vintiques/Summit, Stockton etc.....he's (one of) *the guy(s)* who does the fab work for them....he also works with customers directly.

I reread my back & forths with my wheel builder. Depending on year, disc/drum, rear end etc, the BS may need to be different.

I think my rear BS was 4.5", but the front was 4" (discs up front)

PK
Thanks , having ther dif built now , wikk be looking for the wheels next week . Good to hear positive report about the wheel rebuild . Lucky I have a spare set to build

Ok guys I did some diggin round the homestead and came up with a set of 4 sbp rallys, they are in crummy shape and need some work, but I thought I would post pics to try and find out what size they are??? Im not sure if I am measuring from the right spots. I have heard both sides saying there is/isnt such a thing as 15" sbp

Thanks
4spdragtop

Attachments

• DSCF1373 (Medium).JPG
    76.5 KB · Views: 325
  • DSCF1375 (Medium).JPG
    59.2 KB · Views: 312
You have to measure the distance between the lug nut holes.
It should be 4 inches apart for the small bolt or 4.5 inches apart
if it is the large bolt pattern.

Wilson

If you could sand blast the rim lightly you will find the actual
size stamped near the valve stem hole. It will read something like
15x6 JJ or 14x5.5JJ

Small bolt rallyes are 14x5.5" only. Unless they are custom made, thats the ONLY size they originally came in. Geof

Ok great, dont think it will fit in my cabinet, but I will see what I can come up with. I got 4 to choose from LOL thanks again!!

Small bolt rallyes are 14x5.5" only. Unless they are custom made, thats the ONLY size they originally came in. Geof

Hey Geof, not that I dont trust you, I read thru a few threads of yours and you sound like you know your $hit, but for $hits and giggles where do I measure on the rim to get the size??

What you are measuring is the bead area where the tire fits. Included are a couple pics of a rallye rim being measured. Geof

Attachments

• 100_2633.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 231
  • 100_2634.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 229
Ok there we go, I am measuring the same spots as you are showing, but I was taking the outside dimensions. Now when I measure it right, it shows 14". Ok now you can say it......told ya so!! LOL Thanks Geof!!

-
Back