Is this a 360LA flex plate?

-

standup303

Reaction score
There are no numbers stamped anywhere on it. Pulled it off as suspect for an imbalance vibration I’ve been experiencing. Torque converter had no weights on it either.

Have a new B&M plate for external balance 360LA and Hughes 24-25 going in.

IMG_4933.jpeg

IMG_4934.jpeg

Last edited:
No, you should have a weight on the torque converter. 360 is externally balanced. 65'

Yeh if you have a WEIGHTED TCI flex that is supposed to balance a 360, you need to remove the weight on the 360 converter. The older flex plates are not weighted. Only Magnum flex plates are weighted

Make CERTAIN your TCI is weighted for an LA, if that is what you have, and NOT a magnum. Both a 360LA and a 5.9 Mag are externally balanced, but the weighting is different

Yeh if you have a WEIGHTED TCI flex that is supposed to balance a 360, you need to remove the weight on the 360 converter. The older flex plates are not weighted. Only Magnum flex plates are weighted

Make CERTAIN your TCI is weighted for an LA, if that is what you have, and NOT a magnum. Both a 360LA and a 5.9 Mag are externally balanced, but the weighting is different
thank you. This is the flex plate I am installing, B&M plate*. It is made for an externally balanced 360 LA and I will be using a neutral balance/no weights converter.

B&M 10236 B&M Flexplates | Summit Racing

That's a "whatever" flexplate, as it has nothing to do with balance, since the weights are on the converted with factory parts.

That's a "whatever" flexplate, as it has nothing to do with balance, since the weights are on the converted with factory parts.
Thanks. Looks like the previous owner put a cheapo Auto Zone non weighted torque converter in. Thinking this new plate and converter are going to do the trick.

Thanks. Looks like the previous owner put a cheapo Auto Zone non weighted torque converter in. Thinking this new plate and converter are going to do the trick.
You got one of B&M plates with the "bite" out of it? Those are nice.

You got one of B&M plates with the "bite" out of it? Those are nice.
And they look way stronger than the stock ones. I always laughed, 6 heavy bolts to the crank and 4 smaller bolts to the converter. It's a wonder that even worked.

-
Back