Is this a Good Deal for a ready to go Block?

-

Speedotann

Reaction score
I found this advertised for $649. I am building a 4.00 stroke 360. I do have 2 360 blocks but unknown if cracked or even good. One is in my Duster now. I figure this could save me some hassle of driving around and taking apart my old blocks.

1. is it worth the price?
2. will arp main studs work with this machining?
3. Will there be any other mods for a stroker assembly with I-Beams?

360 DODGE MOPAR ENGINE BLOCK CASTING # 4006830-360-1 DATE: 6-14-76

THIS IS A NON - ROLLER 360 BLOCK. BLOCK HAS BEEN JET CLEANED, MAGNIFLUXED, AND FRESHLY BORED .060. FINISH HONED TO 4.060 USING A DECK PLATE. BLOCK SURFACES ARE CBN RESURFACED .010 TO SQUARE THE BLOCK AND PROMOTE OPTIMUM GASKET SEALING. NEW CAM BEARINGS AND SOFT PLUGS ARE INSTALLED! NEW BRONZE DISTRIBUTOR TOWER BUSHING INSTALLED! ALL BOLT HOLES ARE CLEANED AND INSPECTED. BLOCK IS READY FOR ASSEMBLY! FREE SHIPPING TO A BUSINESS ADDRESS ONLY!

Thanks,
Brian

I wouldn't buy it for that much especially if I couldn't see and review the block and receipts first.

360 blocks are a dime a dozen. When i have machine work done I like to have it done at the nearest, reputable shop. That way I have someone I can ***** at face to face if something goes wrong.

I wouldn't do it.

How can you finish hone a bore without having a piston set to properly size it. This is why your machinist should have the pistons you plan to run prior to hone for final. Not all piston require the same clearance and some show up slightly over or under sized.

No you really can't just install main studs in the block. It should be line honed with your studs installed.

Yeah...I can have that block duplicated here locally for less money. As you said yourself, you already have a couple of blocks to start with. It all boils down to what you want though, not somebody else. If you want it to add to the heard, go for it. I wouldn't rule out makin the guy an offer. Times are tough, he may take less.

Thanks "Mr. I know Balance"! LoL.... thanks Scamp.... this was just an option... I just went and took a look at my block in the backyard. It is missing the front and rear main caps. Where can I get these that are not super $$$$$?

Thanks again Guys,

brian

I found this advertised for $649. I am building a 4.00 stroke 360. I do have 2 360 blocks but unknown if cracked or even good. One is in my Duster now. I figure this could save me some hassle of driving around and taking apart my old blocks.

1. is it worth the price?
2. will arp main studs work with this machining?
3. Will there be any other mods for a stroker assembly with I-Beams?

360 DODGE MOPAR ENGINE BLOCK CASTING # 4006830-360-1 DATE: 6-14-76

THIS IS A NON - ROLLER 360 BLOCK. BLOCK HAS BEEN JET CLEANED, MAGNIFLUXED, AND FRESHLY BORED .060. FINISH HONED TO 4.060 USING A DECK PLATE. BLOCK SURFACES ARE CBN RESURFACED .010 TO SQUARE THE BLOCK AND PROMOTE OPTIMUM GASKET SEALING. NEW CAM BEARINGS AND SOFT PLUGS ARE INSTALLED! NEW BRONZE DISTRIBUTOR TOWER BUSHING INSTALLED! ALL BOLT HOLES ARE CLEANED AND INSPECTED. BLOCK IS READY FOR ASSEMBLY! FREE SHIPPING TO A BUSINESS ADDRESS ONLY!

Thanks,
Brian

Also you have to make sure that your pistons will work in that block so you would have to have pistons measured for proper cylinder wall clearance.

No here also...

I can have it done here in Nor Cal just a bit cheaper than that, too...including decking with a plate.

Finish honed without pistons? No thanks.
A late 360 at .060 over? NO! Not unless he's willing to sonic check it and YOU can see the results...
Decked without mocking up the crank/rods/pistons? No thanks.

If you need caps for a block, check the ads or the junkyard. ANY late SB block even with it's complete OEM caps should be align honed anyway.

-
Back