Is this a knock-off...?

-

67cuda360

Reaction score
I just received my Edelbrock RPM air gap intake from summit racing (new in original packaging) and after opening it I noticed it doesn't have the Edelbrock logo anywhere on the intake...

It does have the casting number 7576, the RPM Air Gap logo and the Made in USA sticker but I find it kinda strange there is no Edelbrock logo. Am I just paranoid or have I been sent a knock-off...?

Attachments

• intake.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 395
Hmmmmmmm, interesting question. I've done quite a few RPM Air Gaps ... with Edelbrock logos on them. Here's a couple off the top of my head, the first of which I believe belongs to our member Slappy.

http://phoenixspecialtycoatings.com/uploads/2/8/2/5/2825131/8520504.jpg?401

(Sorry about this crappy picture here -- it was my old 2.3 mp digital camera)

http://phoenixspecialtycoatings.com/uploads/2/8/2/5/2825131/8415904.jpg?286

Did another for RumbleFish360 but can't put my hands on pictures of it right now (maybe in one of his threads?). His logos were polished so I know it had 'em.

What's that big bar across the runner there on the front of yours? That's where it's supposed to be.

I'd be callin' Edelbrock....................

Google image search...................

hc-ede7561-manifold.jpg

7561-500x500.jpg

Looks like an ede manifold. Somebody messed up the core box.

This pic is off Summit's site. I can't tell you it is or isn't, but I think the photo leads enough to question it. Their nascar line doesn't appear to have their name cast into it. It's cheap advertising to cast your name into the product. It doesn't cost you any more in the development stage.

Attachments

• airgap.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 307
Looks like an ede manifold. Somebody messed up the core box.

Do the knock-offs from china look any different? It just looks like they forgot to carve out the edelbrock logo in that aluminum bar. Must have been a Monday when they worked on this core box LOL

Their nascar line doesn't appear to have their name cast into it.

Any reason why the nascar line doesn't have their name cast into them?

The box the intake came in does have the Nascar official licensed logo on it, is that why there isn't a Edelbrock logo on the intake?

Do the knock-offs from china look any different? It just looks like they forgot to carve out the edelbrock logo in that aluminum bar. Must have been a Monday when they worked on this core box LOL

Thats what it looks like to me. Could of been a Friday too LOL.

Where the flat boss is there would be a Nascar/Edelbrock tag. If it was a Nascar edition it would be powder coated black and have 75763 cast into it. I think it is a screw up but would contact them for a replacement.
~Michael

Aren't the crosswind manifolds dual drilled, for both magnum and LA engines. That one is only LA style

Here is the Nascar edition.
~Michael

Is there any difference between this "nascar edition" and the 7576 that I have. Looks like mine has the same sticker area that the "nascar edition" has but mine has the normal stamping number and is not painted black..?

Maybe this just makes mine a 1 of 1 super rare intake, maybe I should list it on ebay and retire from the money I'll make on it LOL

Anyone know Edelbrocks contact email address, (they don't seem to have it on their website) I don't think sending it back is an option since I'm located in Newfoundland Canada, don't want to pay for the return shipping :)

Is there any difference between this "nascar edition" and the 7576 that I have. Looks like mine has the same sticker area that the "nascar edition" has but mine has the normal stamping number and is not painted black..?

Maybe this just makes mine a 1 of 1 super rare intake, maybe I should list it on ebay and retire from the money I'll make on it LOL

Anyone know Edelbrocks contact email address, (they don't seem to have it on their website) I don't think sending it back is an option since I'm located in Newfoundland Canada, don't want to pay for the return shipping :)

The black powder coating and the sticker are the only differences between the 7576 and the 75763.
~Michael

Chinese. are drilled for both patterns,says made in China on the bottom.

When the pattern is made at the start, to make the actual production casting plates to be made, for the castings to be run, they will have the Edelbrock lettering put on the pattern. The core part of the mold are the "hollow" parts in the casting, and have nothing to do with the top or bottom side of the casting. The process, involves a few stages. There is the upper "sand" mold, The sand "cores" which create the runners etc. and the bottom "sand" mold. When all 3 three are put together, they pore the molten aluminum, and await whatever time frame is needed for the casting to cure to break the sand mold off the casting. This is why you see casting flash at mold joints all over motors etc.
Then its off to the finishing shop for ,,,,,,,,,,

You see alot of sheet metal manifolds on hemi's, but if you have some pattern / sand casting knowledge anyone with the equipment can have a pattern made for anything that needs to be cast made for you.
I hope this simplified bit of info helps.

Plumcrazy:

You will probably appreciate this thread over at HAMB:

6-71 Blower casting from start to finish

Guy works in a big foundry, and goes through the whole process - from deciding to cast them, making the tooling, ramming sand & pouring metal.

Great pics and narration for anybody that wants to see how it s actually done.

As for that manifold, probably was made to be a Nascar unit, went straight to Summit to fill an order instead. Edelebrock will probably send you a sticker if you contact them.

B.

-
Back