Is this a Limited Numbers Car?

-

Golden Scamp

Reaction score
I have a 68 Dart GT, 45k miles, very, very nice! I am afraid to even do anything to it at this point because it is so original, but long term I have a 383/727 combo plus an 8 3/4 with suregrip that I intend on adding. So what I would like to know, before things go to far, is how many GT's were built with the 225 Slant Six? I can't find the numbers and it seems slightly strange to upgrade to such a nice bucket/console package while keeping the close-to-base motor. I understand fuel economy was a selling point to some, even then, but why not shell out a few hundred more and get the 340 or 383? Does anyone have numbers on how many 225 GT's were built in 68? Thanks!

i know at least two if not 3 of our hemi dart clones were slant six GT cars... a slant car will never bring value...

Ive had 1 67 GT, and 1 68GT both were slant6 from the factory.

all GTs were either slant six or 318 ...and they all had the flat hoods.....if a new car buyer wanted to shell out the extra money and get a 340 or 383 then the dealer would show the buyer the GTSport ....the GTS had a 340 standard and optional 383 and the GTS and GT had the same interior which came standard with Bucket seats

ALL of them are limited numbers cars. They are limited to the number that was produced.

Per American Standard Catalog of American Cars 1946-1975: Page 296.

Dart GT series, Note 1:

Some 35,000 (nearest 100 units) Dodge Dart GT and GTS models were built during calendar year 1968. Of those, 10,900 were sixes and 24,100 were V-8s. All GTS models were V8 powered.

I understand what you are goin' through..I pulled a /6 with only 34ish K miles...it is gone now :) You get over it.

Don't let the production number dictate what you do with your own car. Do what pleases you and I promise you'll be happy. Cars are always a poor decision from an investment standpoint.

-
Back