is this car worth buying 1965 plymouth

-

74360duster

JEREMY
Reaction score
1965 plymouth belvedere 2.440 4bbl,4spd,8.75, mandrel bent 3 in.exhaust w/flowmaster,new 15" torque thrust wheels and tires ,new interior
$7000,was asking $9500.i have seen the car before then wanted 8500.i called him this week and offered him $7000 and he said ok.
everyone please let me know your opinions,as i have been looking for one of these for awhile...thanks jeremy

HPIM2706.JPG

HPIM2739.JPG

HPIM2741.JPG

HPIM2736.JPG

HPIM2707.JPG

HPIM2704.JPG

Dude I would jump all over that thing. Beautiful car. Looks solid from the pics.

If you've looked it over and it's not full of mud. Me personally I'd pay 7k for it cause I'd like to have one too. This one looks really nice from the pics.

By the pictures it sure looks like its worth it. Does it run? 440 4 Speed just has a ring to it doesn't it? LOL!

yes the car runs.i have not driven it but have heard it.it was low on brake fluid.probably a wheel cylinder leaking.and the throttle cable is about half frozen up.sounds decent though.stock cam.has 3.23 open diff.

I have to agree it's well worth the money!
The engine compartment could use some attention and an updated master cylinder but other than it looks really good!

I have an original 383-4spd. 65, belvedere 11 and that is a steal. If it is an orig. 4-spd they only made 1600+.

Jermey - you stated that you have been looking for quite awhile - well, I would say you found a "keeper"
It looks great - Enjoy and let-er-rip!!

I have an original 383-4spd. 65, belvedere 11 and that is a steal. If it is an orig. 4-spd they only made 1600+.

I know of a 64 Sport Fury 383 4-speed and as far as i know numbers matching.
Any idea on how of those were built?
It has been sitting in a barn for more than 20 years owner will not sell.

i have do not know if it is original or not.but my buddy has a date coded 65 383 he said he would trade to me or sell.it will need freshened but would be right for the car.i do not believe you can run the number on the 65's to know for sure can u.didn't think you could tell on motors or trans until 66.but i may be wrong.i am only 26 years old.so that is before my time.
keep the opinions coming.thanks

id jump all over that car if its half as decent as it looks in the pics for 7 grand. 440 and a 4 gear only one way to beat that but maybe you can do that later:cheers::cheers: but as clean as that car looks id buy it its got all the fun stuff already. Good luck hope you get it Justin

I know of a 64 Sport Fury 383 4-speed and as far as i know numbers matching.
Any idea on how of those were built?
It has been sitting in a barn for more than 20 years owner will not sell.

i would love to have that sport fury.we have a 64 sport fury with a console and automatic.that would be a good one to add to the shop.

You have a choise here,buy it now and run or I will buy it and know some one that will pay twice that for it,mrmopartech

P.S. this is a no brainer,get help,quick

You have a choise here,buy it now and run or I will buy it and know some one that will pay twice that for it,mrmopartech

P.S. this is a no brainer,get help,quick

thanks mrmopartech.you woke me up!!ha ha.just wanting some opinions.my wife is against the purchase.she says i have way to many cars now.but i tried to explain to here the same thing you stated.i could easily double my money especially after detailing the engine compartment.i cannot wait till this spring to grab some gears.

Yes sir !! That would be a big time keeper for me at that price.
You had better hurry! because once the word gets out it will be gone I think.
I Think That car will go up and up and up
Check for floor rot and sense it is a full frame car no frame rails to worry about. I would think it could be de coded.
I would not hesitate if you have been looking for a rare one like this.
Do what your hart say and the wife could be just being carfull.
Good luck Jeremy

$7000 hole cow I'm looking at spending $15,000 on a 15 year old landcruiser. I know it's apples and oranges but if that car was in my town I would own it.

I under stand how you feel though it's that second guess and the voice of I don't want my yard to look like a car lot, in your head. you must know the car or you would not have had an offer in mind, so go for it before the guy finds and reads this forum.

besides it would be a cool car to drive for a summer, or maybe you could give it to your wife for valintines day, I mean it is red. just a thought

-
Back