is this car worth buying 1965 plymouth

-
i am waiting for the guy to give me the ok.he said yes he is waiting on his partner.said give him 2 days.so we will see.i was ready to pick it up last weekend.i have this gut feeling he is going to back out on me.but what do you do.this is what happens when more than 1 person owns cars together.
i will keep you all posted.i as i want this car bad.i am willing to give what he is asking.

Although looking at the pictures it seems like a REALLY NICE CAR! You need to inspect it for bondo and fillers using a magnet! Also check the other tale tale places for rust and rot! Floors,around windshields,low on bottom of doors,low on front fenders,rear quarters,package tray area. If it checks out good as far as body then it is time to drive the car and see how it steers,stops,runs,shifts etc.If that checks out OK then buy it for sure for $7000.00.
Now here is a problem! YOU REALLY WANT THE CAR! The seller probably detected that from you DROOLING on it when you seen the car! I know I would have had to have a napkin to keep it wiped off me and keep it from dripping LOL! I think he may try to string you along trying to get more $$$ out of you knowing you want the car really bad using the PARTNER deal to do so! You have to make a GOOD DECISION on what the car is worth ! TOP DOLLAR based on your inspection of the vehicle! do not pay more than that for the car.
When you talk to the guy again go back and look at the car REALLY GOOD! Forget all about it being what you have been looking for a long time! TAKE A NAPKIN FOR THE DROOL! LOL Also take CASH $$$ and a friend or two just for safety if you feel the need. If the seller gives you a SONG AND DANC STORY ! then just pull out the cash and say! Hey I got *** $$$$ cash if you want to deal lets deal if not have a nice day.
If he has been trying to sell the car for awhile and has not then he just might do the deal when he sees the cash! JUST INSPECT THE CAR REALLY GOOD! A lot of times someone is looking for a specific car and when the find it they loose sight and all knowledge in the right way to make a purchase just because it is what they want.I have to say just from the pictures it looks like a REALLY SWEET RIDE!
Could use a good cleaning under the hood etc.Remember a decent coat of paint and interior can hide a LOT OF THINGS AT FIRST GLANCE! GOOD LUCK and I hope it turns out to be everything it seems and even moore and you get it for $7000.00 KEEP US POSTED!

the car started out at $9500.he said he would take 8500 for it.so i went and looked at it.engine compartment needs some work,brake fluid empty,engine lifters alittle loud.magnet stuck everywhere on the car.floors are solid.i said no thanks.i called him 2 months later.offered him 6000.he said no way.i waited.called him 4 days later.said i talked to my dad.he was willing to give me the extra 1000.i told him i would give him 7000 for the car.he said he would think about it and let me know.we are intouch every evening.he wants to sell it.his partners is not sure.he says his partner owes him some quite abit of money and they should sell it.he said they have 29 cars together.

I'm confused ... Earlier you said you offered him 7K for the car and he accepted ... Isn't that what we call "a deal" ???

that is what i thought.then he brings up the subject about joint owning the car with his partner.and he has to run the price through him?i am begining to get confused myself.but i am staying on it until i get a definate yes or no.the minute he says yes i want to hook the trailer up and go get it that night..

Looks tooo good to pass on. However, I was a little suspicious of the no plates and the GM'd black engine bay. When was the last time someone drove it? Any short comings could be easily overcame if that is an original 4 speed car. Ive used the "double my $" logic several times over our 35 year marriage in the car game, it doesnt happen. (At least with me) Good luck and congratulations on the buy.

Have you seen the title for the car, Is it in the name of guy you are dealing with?
I think for $7000 I would want to drive it, before I bought it.
It is a really nice looking car.
Just be careful.

i have not driven the car.no brake fluid.throttle cable is frozen.they have owned the car for 3 years.not sure how long it has been since it has been driven.i have never seen the title.

still waiting on the guy.not sure.guess he was all talk.i want the car and have the money.just waiting on him.he transports cars alot and lately will not return my calls.not sure what is going on.i feel like i should give up.but i really want this car.it is what i have been looking for.for a while now.what should i do to maybe make the process speed up.i am going insane.i do not have alot of patience..

Take him $7500 cash and show it to him. Tell him that if he really wants to sell the car that he needs to get his act together. "You want to sell this car or not?" Get bold with them show'em you mean business. They might be icing you thinging that you will offer the asking price in which you just might have to pay to get the car. Sounds like one of them dose not want to let it go for $7000.

Hey man by the sound of things the car is solid, but I agrea with a couple of the other guys on here try and take the car out for a spin, if you can. Now I would not go over to the guys place and do some free work on his car.

The other thing is it sounds as though this guy is screwing around, if he and his partner own a bunch of cars then they probable know what it is worth. Man it's tough to say but if it was me I'd be listening to your gut and mine just reading this thread is to walk away. If they truely want to sell it then they will call you, if not you may have avoided a headache.

still waiting on the car.been dealing with his wife now.she said if it were hers i would have already had the car.but since he is partnered with another guy they have to ok it w/him.she said he has been a pain in the a#$ lately and will not return calls,emails,or answer his door when they are there.I will patiently wait for them.as i really want that car.

-
Back