Is this fixable?

-

mopardart72

I'm a pretty big deal
Reaction score
my 95 eagle talon has been kncking like crazy with smoke coming out of the tail pipe like mad. well i pull the dipstick and i see PURE HILAND MILK (JK) it's the headgasket im sure of it. but has the damage already been done?

i just now bought the car. the PO TOLD me that the head gasket was blown. its got water and steam coming from the tail pipe. i'm gunna replace all the gaskets flush the entire engine. and then go from there.

I haven't ran the car at all. it's sitting in my yard waiting for some parts.

I just read your other post. Good luck!

its a common problem with those cars. esp if a turbo motor. it shouldn't be wiped out, only if the cylinder head is warped or damaged. when you pull the head off, send it to the machine shop to get pressure tested, checked, and milled if necessary. What will kill that motor, or at least the head is if the timing belt fails or is installed incorrectly. So replace with a new one when you reassemble it, and make sure you have it lined up correctly. That motor is a major valve-bender and it doesn't take much to be off and then valves will plow into the pistons.

its got brand new valves and timing belt already

well cool then, it is I would say 98% a blown head gasket. A tip for replacing make sure you copper coat the head gasket before you reassemble. And again have the head check at the machine shop for cracks and warping

It MIGHT be that it's getting so much water in the cylinder that it's causing the knock trying to compress the water....in other words, almost but not quite a hydrolock condition. I've seen it before. If that's what it is, head gaskets will fix it right up.

also, those engine have the non -reusable head bolts. they stretch. but new ones. if you paln to keep the car, spend the 90 bucks on a set of arp headstuds. they are one of the leading ones for for those dsm's

If you haven't gotten the title issue sorted out, it doesn't matter how it runs or if you can fix it.

You have already learned some hard lessons on this car……. Don't allow yourself to learn another.

The additional lesson being: Do not spend money on a car you do not own.

You could always insure it burn it and collect. Oh, did I say that?

-
Back