Is this guy for real??

-
Betcha he's a descendant of P.T. Barnum - still looking for "sucker born every minute"!

I thought it was a typo, like they typed an extra zero. Then I saw the comma at the bottom of the page. I dunno, maybe some guys wife this nking the stuff is worth a fortune?

Yeh...heh...plus ALWAYS post a photo of "how it looks" ............"in your dreams"

00202_7yHnCVF7sY2_600x450.jpg

i looked at the map on this post and this guy lives in Connecticut. a lot of "Manhattan millionaires" live in Connecticut and commute by train to New York for work. as such, EVERYTHING is expensive in Connecticut. all you need to know about this ad is that this guy probably lives close to "Wayne Carrini" - the really annoying "car guy" from the TV show "Chasing Classic Cars." "Wayne" is the kind of "car nut" that flies around the country in private Lear Jets buying and selling cars at "over priced" car auctions. his idea of a "great car experience" is to attend the Pebble Beach "Concourse D'Elegance" event in Pebble Beach California. So.... the lunacy of a guy thinking that a run-of-the-mill mopar 8 3/4 diff assembly is "ultra rare" and obviously worth "$10,000" is not particularly surprising to me.

I'm rich!

I've got three of these laying around.

Now, I just need to find three suckers... er, buyers, I'm doin' alright!

I bought it for the low milage carrier, The rest of the rear is available at a reduced cost. No tire kickers I know what its worth.

Knock a zero off price and its still double what its worth??
Doh!

Whatever someone will pay, right?

He should be trying to sell that ultra rare, super early production 1974 340 Duster instead!

He told me, and a quote "You don't knw **** about Mopar....I was a dealer for more then 40 years

Fyi...the rear end just sold an hour ago for 9,500 dollars.

Don't bother writting back..your blocked"

I should ask, "a dealer huh? Crack or meth?" LOL!

i have run into a number of guys who believe they are "mopar experts." for better or worse, i've emailed guys about ridiculous prices they've asked for their cars on various web sites. most of them get very defensive and some like to respond with profanity laced responses. i understand that if you are trying to sell your car, you can ask any price you want. however, i follow the market on mopars and for some reason, i'm always compelled to write to guys who think they have some kind of "gold plated" old plymouth or dodge.

the best ad i've run across lately is a guy out in the mid-west that is selling mopars and has two 68 fastback barracudas - a red one and a black one. the condition of the black one is pretty much what you would start on restoring and the guy is asking $35k for it. but the red one is the "more interesting" car. the guy is asking $33k for that car. problem is - it's either a stolen car or a "junk yard rebuild." the VIN on the car dash has a "23F" which is the VIN for a 2 door coup - NOT a fastback! i sent the guy an email bringing this to his attention and i see that he has now taken the VIN picture off of the web page. you have to be very careful buying old mopars - even if you are buying them from "a mopar expert."

here's the link for the problem barracuda - just do a search for "barracuda" and you'll find the red fastback in question.

www.autabuy.com

There was a 2 door Valiant on ebay with a vl41 VIN.

When I brought that to the lister's attention, the reply was simply-

"yeah, that's what it is"

????

-
Back