Is this guy insane or am I missing something?

-

Schneiderman

Reaction score
http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/cto/2073926868.html

70 340+6 Air cleaner assembly has original paint, base in great condition with only one wing nut missing off air door, lid has small piece cut out of rear to accept larger distributor, needs re paint, no dents/dings, will clean up nice.. $1,200.00 OBO

70 340+6 heads complete, with valves, valve job, springs, keepers, assembled, minus the rocker assembly, very nice set.. $1,200.00 OBO

70 340+6 rocker assembly, in very good condition comes with shaft, spacers, and hold down bolts, very hard to come by.. $900.00 OBO

Well;that is expensive.Insane?I dont know,if he gets his price-smarter than me.

Well the heads, nearly impossible to find, period, are priced to sell like all the other items for someone who really wants it and have more cash then sense. Then, they'll pay for it, be happy and make the seller happy.

YOU and I will spend our money else where for better, newer, higher performing stuff or simplely save money on regular items. Leave the OE parts for the restorer who must have it or not finish it.

PT Barnum said what???? "Theres a sucker born every minute."

I agree that parts like these are purely for restoration these days .
Those 340 T/A heads -- while great for their day -- are quite archaic anymore .

I like how this seller is selling the rocker assembly separate from their counterpart heads ; that's just irritating !

The T/A heads will out rock any other production head and many aftermarket heads. This is not a broad blanket statement made to cover every build and every displacement.

The pushrod pinch is the cave eat of production heads and a item sought to eliminate by porters. These heads have the pushrod pinch issue taken care of. There is none.

-
Back