Is this mopar linkage?

-

ratvon

Reaction score
Never seen one of these 3 speed perhaps . I was told it was for cars that had to be in reverse to take the key out.
20181116_153440.jpg

I have been wrong before, but I believe that to be an automatic transmission kickdown rod that goes from kickdown lever on transmission to the throttle valve rod to bellcrank on column shift linkage with block and bolt arrangement, but could possibly be a lock-out rod that goes to a column lockout on a later year (I forget when big government mandated such foolishness) floor shifted manual or automatic transmission. I'll have to attempt to belly crawl here in a few minutes to confirm...

Last edited:
Reverse lockout rods for the ignition were 1970 only & that is not one of them for a 3 or 4-speed manual.

Are there any grinder marks on the tapered end?

I have been wrong before, but I believe that to be an automatic transmission kickdown rod that goes from kickdown lever on transmission to the throttle valve rod to bellcrank on column shift linkage with block and bolt arrangement, but could possibly be a lock-out rod that goes to a column lockout on a later year (I forget when big government mandated such foolishness) floor shifted manual or automatic transmission. I'll have to attempt to belly crawl here in a few minutes to confirm...
Okay, it's similar to lower firewall bell crank to transmission kickdown lever except automatic rod has a ridge for a spring seat and spring goes toward lever. A square steel block pivots on lever through which rod passes to adjust it. The block has a threaded bolt hole intersecting to rod and bolt which tightens against rod to secure. From what I have seen, this looks like a lock out rod for an automatic floor shift unit. Being Chryco had a different linkage set-up for anything and everything I imagine it would be something body designation/year/transmission/shifter specific...

Okay, it's similar to lower firewall bell crank to transmission kickdown lever except automatic rod has a ridge for a spring seat and spring goes toward lever. A square steel block pivots on lever through which rod passes to adjust it. The block has a threaded bolt hole intersecting to rod and bolt which tightens against rod to secure. From what I have seen, this looks like a lock out rod for an automatic floor shift unit. Being Chryco had a different linkage set-up for anything and everything I imagine it would be something body designation/year/transmission/shifter specific...
I am guessing E-body floor shift automatic, I was curious as to why my '71 B-body slapstick and column setup had none of this while 1970 shows many different arrangements. A 1985 dodge truck overdrive setup I pulled in the past had none of this either, still have the column...

I got a box of parts. Fork rod, linkage, and other stuff. I'll get pictures of everything .maybe that will help. The guy I got it from thinks its from an early 70s dart 4 speed

-
Back