Is this side stripe for a 70 Duster?? And a seat question too

-

TheBigE

70 Duster - Slant 6
Reaction score
Hello. I've attached the photos of the 70 SLant 6 Duster that I will have in my garage shortly.

From the pictures can anyone tell me if the side stripe is from a 70 Duster of some type??? I don't think it's a 340 stripe is it??? they were higher up I think???

Between the rear taillights there are just 2 black stripes attaching the top and bottom of the 2 lights horizontally. Are these correct for a 70 Duster? Is it just missing the Duster cartoon maybe?

ANd also...I like to have a center armrest. Currently the plain Jane slant 6 interior is just the plain black bench seat. Is the only A body option buckets with a buddy seat?? Or is there a high back bench seat with an arm rest? Any split bench seats with armrests?? I don't mind a non 70 seat, as long as it looks reasonable and fits a 70 DUster.

Thanks for any info.

the big E

70duster-2.jpg

70duster-3.jpg

70duster-4.jpg

70duster-5.jpg

duster70.jpg

I had a '73 Duster that had a bench seat with a fold-down armrest. It had the high seat backs so it looked like bucket seats at first glance. It was an option so it shouldn't be terribly hard to find one. Should bolt right in your '70. You may have to use '73 style covers front and rear to make everything match. I don't know if they had that option in earlier years. Sorry I don't have a pic.
Dallas

That is the '70 stripe, the higher stripe was on 1971 to 1973 models. And yes for the tail stripe also. Here's pics of my '71, note the tail stripe in '71 has a small wrap around stripe, and the exterior corners also. 1970 tail stripe has only the two stipes between the lights.

Feel free to browse,
http://s203.photobucket.com/albums/aa59/340butterduster/

Hope this helps,
Giles

Giles im loving that driveway burnout...your the man!

Lots of 2-door Darts and Valiants with the deluxe interior had high back bench seats with fold down armrests. Also included with the interior was more of Mopar's fake walnut trim across the dash and on the door panel upholstery. I know it was an option in 72 and my 73 4-door has it. (Seat on 4-door does not fold forward and I don't see a hinge that would make a 4-door a good donor. Search Dusters, Scamps, Demons, Dart Sports, and Swingers.)

thanks folks.

it looks like a previous owner did a good job of getting the outside of the car to look like a 340 car. Just needs the Duster 340 emblems and hood scoops. What kind of wheels came with a 340?

Interesting seat info, I'll have to do some searching.

The big E

Thanks for the very interesting info.

What do think about the mirrors??? Not the best picture off them. No idea if they are 1970 Mopar issue?

With the simple dogdish hubcaps should the steel wheels just be painted black or could they have been painted body colour back in '70??

Would a slant 6 Duster have a Duster whirlwind sticker on the back between the taillights?? Or did only the 340's get the whirlwind and 340 Duster sticker?

The Big E

Here is a pic of the high back bench seat.
C

Seats 001.jpg

There is a std low back bench seat with arm rest for a 70+ model year A body. If you look at fender codes it's a L4 seat.

This is a lowback out of a 72 Scamp.

From the pictures can anyone tell me if the side stripe is from a 70 Duster of some type??? I don't think it's a 340 stripe is it??? they were higher up I think???

The stripe splits the body line

Between the rear taillights there are just 2 black stripes attaching the top and bottom of the 2 lights horizontally. Are these correct for a 70 Duster? Is it just missing the Duster cartoon maybe?

The stripes would be on the car if it has V8X on the tag. The "Duster" & whirlwind would be on the passenger side of the panel regardless of engine.

See notes

Thanks for the valuable info gang.

I guess when a previous owner did the new look paint job on the Duster they put on the correct stripes on the sides and back tail panel, bought and installed the Go Wing, then didn't bother putting on the Duster and Whirlwind sticker on the back. I'll have to get the sticker to apply back there...it looks like on a non 340 car it's the only external name of Duster, everything else is Valiant.

Do I need a better picture of the mirrors to determine what they're off of??

Thanks.

The Big E

-
Back