Is this the correct gasket/fit?

-

eestatic

Reaction score
I noticed that the carb spacer looks different than the carb gasket. Does this make a difference where it mounts with regard to the "divider" in the plenum..?

Do I need to use the carb gasket on the spacer?

Under the spacer or under carb?

Does the spacer need to be "modified" to match the gasket?

Thanks Fabo!

Attachments

• IMG_1811.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG_1812.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_1813.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_1814.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 125
The more important question? Does the carb secondaries open freely,against the manifold/gasket,& spacer? Usually use,double check always....

Why are you using the spacer?

I would just bolt the carb on with the gasket.

Maybe find a gasket like that in 5/16" thick....

Why are you using the spacer?

I would just bolt the carb on with the gasket.

Maybe find a gasket like that in 5/16" thick....

I initially was going the route w/gasket only but the carb studs will hit the fuel bowl overhangs...I went the route of various stud lengths but either too short or too long!!

It appears that making some studs out of all-thread would be the only solution it I used the gasket only so that's when I went the spacer route.

If I cut (modify) the spacer so that it is the same as the thin gasket, will that be any kind of performance issue w/airflow out of carb?

Thanks FABO!

What we need is a comparative shot of the black one on the carb

I initially was going the route w/gasket only but the carb studs will hit the fuel bowl overhangs...I went the route of various stud lengths but either too short or too long!!

It appears that making some studs out of all-thread would be the only solution it I used the gasket only so that's when I went the spacer route.

If I cut (modify) the spacer so that it is the same as the thin gasket, will that be any kind of performance issue w/airflow out of carb?

Thanks FABO!

Why not just take some carb studs that are slightly long and grind them down a bit on a bench grinder (don't forget to re-chamfer the end)??? Grind the studs down enough so they won't interfere with the carb...

Why not just take some carb studs that are slightly long and grind them down a bit on a bench grinder (don't forget to re-chamfer the end)??? Grind the studs down enough so they won't interfere with the carb...

I agree. If you don't have threading dies, what I do is thread one or two nuts onto a bolt I'm cutting. Then after grinding / sanding the end "clean" you can unscrew the nuts "a few times" past the end and smooth the threads.

Also put the cut end into the manifold, so you don't fight it every time with the nut.

What we need is a comparative shot of the black one on the carb

Not the best picture but there wasn't any interference from primaries or secondaries when opened up.

I looked at cutting the studs initially but as you can see the "barrel" of the stud determines the height protruding through the carb flange, so the nut side would have to be hacked.

The studs have different threads on the ends.

The spacer is .250" thick.

Attachments

• IMG_1816.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_1817.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_1818.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 80
That was sorta my initial inquiry, also..if I needed the thin gasket in conjunction w/spacer?

-
Back