Is this the right one?

-

PistolGrip

Reaction score
I'm wrapping up (hopefully) minor details on my '66 Barracuda assembly project. It was virtually disassembled when I trailered it home, so some parts were missing & some were wrong. It is bone stock..... automatic transmission + 273 V-8 with 2 bbl carb. The kick down linkage piece that came with the car doesn't appear to be the correct one and doesn't work (I think it is too long). I came across this shorter one yesterday & I believe (and hope) it is the right one, but I don't know because I've not seen one to compare it with. This one is about 11" long. If it isn't the right one, could someone send a picture of what I need?
Anyone?
Thanks!
Sorry for the filthy photo environment. It's the Maid's day off. :)

kiuckdown.jpg

This is OEM 67 273 2bbl link

About 11.5 overall length

15963045950254847106701890658764.jpg

In 1966, the kickdown rod was not slotted. It was solid with a threaded end at the carb.
Yup, totally different setup of yours is stock. '66 uses a big bell crank plate assembly that bolts to the back of the driver's side cylinder head. The rod going forward to the carb is two pieces, and has a socket connection to a ball stud on the carb. Do you have the stock AFB, 904, and the rest of the kickdown linkage? Photos?

Oh, sorry, I just noticed that yours is a 2bbl. Carter BBD I presume? I have the correct bell crank for a 2bbl. I'd have to check to see if I have the rod and the socket end of the rod for a 2bbl.

-
Back