Is this "we can't drive" day??

-
I used to have an actual siren under the hood and that made people behave.
Just a quick burst, and everybody would immediately straighten up.

Ya have to look around like everyone else when you use it so they dont know where it came from.

I used to have an actual siren under the hood and that made people behave.
Just a quick burst, and everybody would immediately straighten up.

Ya have to look around like everyone else when you use it so they dont know where it came from.

That is awesome, I need to get one.

Back in the time when drivers Ed was taught and people actually knew how to drive, you were instructed to always accelerate into the open spot when changing lanes and adjust your speed with the flow of traffic after the merge. You were instructed NOT to slow down, and thereby force the traffic you were merging with to slow down.
It is always the job of the merging driver to look ahead and adjust his speed to enable his car entry into the open space. Merging in smoothly and allowing the traffic being merged with to maintain a steady speed is as much yielding as slowing or stopping to let them pass. Anytime you disrupt the flow of traffic in a lane, you are increasing the possibility of an accident.

Actually, around here we have "Yield" signs on the on ramps. As far as I am concerned, the existing traffic should not be slowing down, but rather maintain their speed, and the car entering needs to speed up when the traffic flow permits, but may need to stop on the on ramp if there is heavy traffic.

I know I've seen my fair share of stupid drivers. The terrifying ones are the ones that stop on the entrance ramp waiting for a spot to merge. I've nearly hit a couple of them. Whenever I get on the entrance ramp, I take that opportunity to let the dart unwind. I make sure I'm merging faster than traffic so I can pick where I get on. None of this "letting me in" business.

lotsa bad drivers out there, I really wish the practical driving tests were REALLY HARD. like, half the applicants fail kinda hard. and I wish you had to retake the test regularly. I also think DUI should be punished with hard time, and killing someone in an accident while under the influence should get you the needle. But then again, I'm not the one who makes the rules now am I?

-
Back