is this worth $2000 update with pics

-
When was the last time you saw any 1969 chevelle, mustang or camaro in that condition with an asking price of $2000?

Funny you should ask that. I just bought a sweet running 1966 Mustang coupe with a rebuilt 1985 302, rebuilt C5, and powersteering in it for $2500. I jumped on it especially when I found out there was absolutely no rust in the floors, frame, trunk, well... just a couple of tiny bubbles that didn't make it through anything. Only bad dings are on the edges of the door and the back taillight panel.

This will be fixed up for my daughter's first car. Bad part of the car, it isn't a Mopar, it will need the sorry paint job stripped and redone, and it will need a complete interior makeover. Great thing, it runs and drives great and is rust free.

you all know me, i would be all over that like flies on schit

I'd say $1500 or so. For the most part you will never get back what you put into a car unless its something ultra rare that you paid next to nothing for. I paid $900 for my car (a 67) and there's lots of rust and not a straight panel on it, but I enjoy doing the work. All he can do is say no if you offer less. Honestly its up to you!

Why do folks always want to get the money back they put into parts/repaairs? I almost never even consider it unlewss it's something major like a motor/tranny rebuild or the like.

Somebody is going to have to spend some time and money just to figure out if it runs. No distributor, gas line not hooked up...probably worth 2 if the guy who has it gets it running first, otherwise its a crap shoot. Body doesn't look hateful though.

Somebody is going to have to spend some time and money just to figure out if it runs. No distributor, gas line not hooked up...probably worth 2 if the guy who has it gets it running first, otherwise its a crap shoot. Body doesn't look hateful though.
it definetly needs a pass side quarter and outer wheel well and the pass side fender is fiberglass

I would take a magnet and see how much filler is in it, but I think that it's well worth the $2k

it definetly needs a pass side quarter and outer wheel well and the pass side fender is fiberglass

If the floors and frame are OK and he gets it running, and runs OK, the body work shouldn't be too bad. Quarter is the toughest but they make replacements and you could always get a decent steel fender to work with for a couple hundred.

2K seems reasonable based on the pictures. Go for it.

..doesn't mater what the owner has put into it..the market decides the price..that is why i couldn't get a 69 mustang fastback for what I paid for the duster..there is no such thing as a parts car down here..2K sounds like a steal and all you guys are quibbling is over 500 bucks.. and he is a friend... I would be over these in a flash with the cash...

Well you can always buy it and pert it if you think it will be to much work.

Ok, since you are SCREWING AROUND........

Give me the contact information and I will buy it RIGHT NOW, no questions asked!

That car would be gone in a matter of minutes in CALIFORNIA!!

Ok, since you are SCREWING AROUND........

Give me the contact information and I will buy it RIGHT NOW, no questions asked!

That car would be gone in a matter of minutes in CALIFORNIA!!

What he said in Alberta!

It might be worth 2K up north, I'll stick with $1,500... The way I look at it is if he's a friend and fixing the car is over his head or he just doesnt want it anymore, you have some wiggle room on his asking price... You can always go higher on your offers, why jump at 2k???

if we all handed you 2 pennies instead of these replies you'd have the 2 grand! man if you like the car and want a dart pay what ever you can afford. we all know, no matter how cheap you get it for, the minute you start doing any major work you probably wont get much of your money back if you sell. personally i would pay more for something that had no rust, untouched factory wiring and no motor, trans or rear end. but i fully believe if you like the car (which you should, 67,8,9 darts are sweet) then pull the trigger and get it out of that weather!

I think it,s worth the $2K,maybe offer $1500 and haggle abit.If your willing to take on this project and plan for future spending$$,this is a good starting point.JMO

-
Back