Is this worth anything?

-

70orangeswinger

Reaction score
Not sure exactly what this was used for. Obviously, it maybe was a carb tuning kit? I would like to sell it but don't know if there would be any interest. Found it in the trunk of a 68 340 GTS that I bought that had been in storage for many years. Th e block was chained down so this one must have been enjoyed. Thanks.
IMG_0826.jpg

IMG_0823.jpg

IMG_0829.jpg

IMG_0827.jpg

Not sure exactly what this was used for. Obviously, it maybe was a carb tuning kit? I would like to sell it but don't know if there would be any interest. Found it in the trunk of a 68 340 GTS that I bought that had been in storage for many years. Th e block was chained down so this one must have been enjoyed. Thanks.View attachment 1715828845

View attachment 1715828846

View attachment 1715828847

View attachment 1715828848
worth something? probably to the right person.
But holy hell that is a part of the cars history, it'd be a shame to sell it off. I'd keep it.

Not sure exactly what this was used for. Obviously, it maybe was a carb tuning kit? I would like to sell it but don't know if there would be any interest. Found it in the trunk of a 68 340 GTS that I bought that had been in storage for many years. Th e block was chained down so this one must have been enjoyed. Thanks.View attachment 1715828845

View attachment 1715828846

View attachment 1715828847

View attachment 1715828848
Cool old car tool kit. Not worth a lot to a mechanic but fun for a collector. What do you think it's worth? Start a sale thread at $50 and go from there.

That's the ultra rare Carter Carburetor tune up kit...

Throw it up on ebay and see what people will bid on it....

Im betting its worth more than you think....but you gotta find that one person who wants it.

It's not a tuning kit. It's a rebuild kit. It does things like remove the little welch plugs and such that normally don't get removed. Has float scales for Lord knows what all kinda floats. Various tools for bending linkage, just all kinda stuff you don't see anymore. I'd say it's 1940s vintage. Don't know its monetary value, but its coolness value is off the chart.

It's not a tuning kit. It's a rebuild kit. It does things like remove the little welch plugs and such that normally don't get removed. Has float scales for Lord knows what all kinda floats. Various tools for bending linkage, just all kinda stuff you don't see anymore. I'd say it's 1940s vintage. Don't know its monetary value, but its coolness value is off the chart.

1940s might be a little late... I am thinking 1920s

When I rub my balls, I come up with somewhere in the 1950's...

crystal-ball.jpg

Crystal Ball 01B.jpg

You need a worldwide audience for this..... Unless you have the need I personally think it's time to let a few people fight over it. Me thinks it will go for a good number and if it's complete look out.

One thing I would do is if you sell it and end up shipping it is package everything with care. Not sure how many of those kits are left in the world....

JW

Back when mechanics fixed stuff! LOL

-
Back