Is/was there ever a 340 Magnum

-
Again...

70-74 HP Challengers had badges that said "Four Barrel"- 440, 383, 340, 360.

71-74 HP Chargers had badges that were the same style but larger and said "Magnum"- 440, 383, 340, 360.

Super easy to prove.

I also misspoke when I said 340 Darts, Demons and Dart Sports had Magnum badges.

AFAIK they only had "340" badges.
Damn, mine's a 70 Dart, missed the date by a yr.
I'll fake it till I make it !!!

Actually Brooks, the difference in the 440 heads was the exhaust size. 1.6 to 1.74 if I remember right.
(Wouldn't be the first time in this thread that my memory was f#@ked up, lol)

Damn, mine's a 70 Dart, missed the date by a yr.
I'll fake it till I make it !!!
If you want a badge on your car ( and if it legitimately has a 340) do it! Most won't know or care if it's "right" and if they do, and don't like it, f#@k em. My friend with the A66 had a R/T butt stripe on it when she bought it. It's NOT an R/T, but she liked it and had the stripe put back on when she had it painted.
Bottom line, she now refuses to "show" her car, cause she got grief over the stripe. In my opinion, not showing it doesn't hurt her any, but deprives other Mopar people from seeing a nice, fairly rare mopar.

If you want a badge on your car ( and if it legitimately has a 340) do it! Most won't know or care if it's "right" and if they do, and don't like it, f#@k em. My friend with the A66 had a R/T butt stripe on it when she bought it. It's NOT an R/T, but she liked it and had the stripe put back on when she had it painted.
Bottom line, she now refuses to "show" her car, cause she got grief over the stripe. In my opinion, not showing it doesn't hurt her any, but deprives other Mopar people from seeing a nice, fairly rare mopar.
Butt Stripe on an A66 is 100% correct..

The "340 MAGNUM" hood emblems were part #3573632 and used only on the 1971-'73 Charger and '71 Super Bee.

Non-R/T 1970-'71 Challengers had a "383 FOUR BARREL" emblem on the fender rather than the hood.
Back in the 80's I had a buddy that had a number of 71-73 Chargers... Most were H code 340 cars, his favorite engine... the only one that had the big 340 Magnum emblems was the 73... I can't say they hadn't been modified but he owned 5 Chargers & only the one had the emblems... Most had the bulge hood & no emblems...

Actually Brooks, the difference in the 440 heads was the exhaust size. 1.6 to 1.74 if I remember right.
(Wouldn't be the first time in this thread that my memory was f#@ked up, lol)
Excellent, I believe you are correct !

Butt Stripe on an A66 is 100% correct..
But not with R/T emblems. (Also on the car when she got it, also replaced after painting). I had much better shots of her car, but they are on my tablet that blew up.

20201024_133650.jpg

I would have said, "where is your cool vintage hot rod, let's go have a look at your junk"

1. A bit back a member said that an idiot, mentioned that "his valve cover was leaking a bit" and the turd mentioned it to the member.

Use 1st Paragraph instructions in this instance

2. Scream at them
"Get the **** away from my car"

3. If he does have a car there, take a potato, carve it down to where it's just a little to large, using a stick, shove it inside the tailpipe, until it can't be seen. The car will not crank, and will stupify the diagnostic computer.

Someone will be spending a bunch of $ paying diagnostic fees
Ask me how I know

Maybe I'm a little too
Stay the **** away from me with you stupidity and ignorance

-
Back