Is your Grandma half this cool????

-
That was great, I bet she is a dandy card player to still.
shoot em in the tootles :-D

My Granny was that cool!

She taught us kids to drive on our country gravel roads when we were about seven. We were'nt ready to fully comprehend a manual transmission yet so she would just yell "clutch" and she would shift for us. I remember my brother could hardly reach the pedals LOL. Then we would get her to drive when we wanted her to jump the railroad tracks ... I don't know how fast she was going but the car cleared air every time.

When most of us were five or six, she would try to teach us to blow smoke rings, but warned us not to breathe in the smoke ... that would have been irresponsible I suppose.

And she would take us out to the farm to shoot sparrows and starlings with Grandpa's old .22 pump. When we didn't have time to go to the farm, she would just give us a pellet gun to let us shoot in the back yard.

If we really got on her nerves and wanted us out her hair for a while, she would give us a hatchet and tell us to try chop down the old cottonwood tree in her back yard ... I don't think we hardly even scratched that thing after hours of choppin'.

I miss her!

Here is my grandma on her 100th birthday last month going for a ride in the GSS. We went 100 MPH on her way to get her hair done.

100_1517.jpg

Here is my grandma on her 100th birthday last month going for a ride in the GSS. We went 100 MPH on her way to get her hair done.

Dang man, I hope I look that young at 100 years old, heck i hope i look that young at 70 years old...wow.

She enjoys it. Not the first time we've done it either. When I was a kid it was me riding shotgun in her Dart Swinger (later mine) and we would do top out runs north of town in the country at my request. Another car we did this in was my 77 Charger SE I had a few years ago. It was good for about 140 the way it was built. She was admiring the ornamentation on the dash when we hit 120 mph.

-
Back