isky e4 cam lifters

-

cudafish65

Reaction score
hello, I'm picking up and isky e4 solid cam, as a lot of us do with a 273. I want to obviously change the solid lifters as well, what are you guys using, I found isky ones part number 3102h. what have others used?

I used old Melling lifters, full solid body - no groove to worry about - and lightweight

Dang, I think I used the Isky's. I just read through my build thread and I never said.

I used the smooth side Melling solids too. Just because I had a set left from the old days....

Last edited:
That might be the wrong number. It's what I have in my notes but I may have noted the wrong number back in the day. I used the smooth sided Melling solid lifters though as I got a great deal on a couple of sets from a local shop that wanted to clear 'em out.

That might be the wrong number. It's what I have in my notes but I may have noted the wrong number back in the day. I used the smooth sided Melling solid lifters though as I got a great deal on a couple of sets from a local shop that wanted to clear 'em out.

I'm not good with part numbers.

I just googled that part number and it looks right, says JEGS has them but I actually saw that autozone has them cheaper and more product info on them

I recently got a set of Crane solids for 110 bucks from summit for a 273 build but I used them with an old Ramchargers cam.

I shouldnt have any issues with using a different brand lifter than camshaft right. Whenever ive done cams ive always used the same brand for both

I used comp cams direct lube solid lifters for some insurance to assure oiling to the cam lobes. Fyi they are the same plunger hight as the hydraulic lifters. That means your stock push rods won't work they will be too long.

I have heard of different crowns on the lifter face but don't recall ever seeing them. I'm sure they would be fine but that would be the only thing affecting the compatibility with your cam. I used BB lifters from a solid MP cam I had laying around new with my Isky .510 solid in my small block with no issues.
I shouldnt have any issues with using a different brand lifter than camshaft right. Whenever ive done cams ive always used the same brand for both

Last edited:
I used comp cams direct lube solid lifters for some insurance to assure oiling to the cam lobes. Fyi they are the same plunger hight as the hydraulic lifters. That means your stock push rods won't work they will be too long.

so solid lifters and hydraulic lifters are the same size ? I don't have a set in front of me so I'm just curious

so solid lifters and hydraulic lifters are the same size ? I don't have a set in front of me so I'm just curious

The diameter is the same. The pushrod seats are a different height. Not talking about magnum or oil through, as I don't remember where the PR seat is on those off the top of my pointy head.

The stock "dumbbell" looking solid lifters have a deeper push rod cup than the hydraulic lifters do. Most aftermarket solid lifters ha the same cup hight as the hydraulic's.

The stock "dumbbell" looking solid lifters have a deeper push rod cup than the hydraulic lifters do. Most aftermarket solid lifters ha the same cup hight as the hydraulic's.

I don't think so. All the no pushrod oiling solids I have seen have a lower PR seat. Don't know about the PR oiling one, though I do have a set out there I should sell.

My comp cams direct lube non oiling through the push rod lifters are indeedthe same hight as a hhydraulic lifter pc. Thats the reason my stock push rods wouldn't work they were too long.

Mancini racing is where I hot mine. There almost too long. But with rockershaft shims to help geometry they worked.

Might as well go with a hydraulic camshaft with hydraulic lifters if I have to replace the pushrods. I thought I wouldnt have to replace push rods with a solid camshaft and lifters

Might as well go with a hydraulic camshaft with hydraulic lifters if I have to replace the pushrods. I thought I wouldnt have to replace push rods with a solid camshaft and lifters

So you already have a hydraulic cam and pushrods with the 273 rockers?

-
Back