isky e4 cam lifters

-
So help me out. You said you were picking up an Isky solid cam and lifters. I get that. If you already have 273 rockers, you have the hard part done. The E4 lashes at .015 as per my old catalog. It will be as quiet as some hydraulics.

I'd rather see you use the solid. Lashing valves is simple. Takes 15 minutes or less and most of the time it's just a check. I'm just not a fan of hydraulic anything. The factory went away from solids because it was cheaper to manufacture and assemble hydraulic engines.

Hope you rethink your situation. I much prefer a solid, especially something like you picked. It's easy on parts, lashes tight and will be relatively quiet.

So help me out. You said you were picking up an Isky solid cam and lifters. I get that. If you already have 273 rockers, you have the hard part done. The E4 lashes at .015 as per my old catalog. It will be as quiet as some hydraulics.

I'd rather see you use the solid. Lashing valves is simple. Takes 15 minutes or less and most of the time it's just a check. I'm just not a fan of hydraulic anything. The factory went away from solids because it was cheaper to manufacture and assemble hydraulic engines.

Hope you rethink your situation. I much prefer a solid, especially something like you picked. It's easy on parts, lashes tight and will be relatively quiet.

Yeah I have a stock 273, I was going to put solid in because I didn't think that you have to shorten pushrods, found out I do. So with that I'm going to put a a hydraulic camshaft and lifters and shorter push rods. It is cheaper and I can get a lower rpm range. I'm not building a race car, I am putting a 4 bbl carb on it so I want a cam that's gonna be efficient for the carb and get good performance

I think I payed Manton 100.00 for mine custom made to the length I needed when I went solid lifter and its good insurance especially with 30 to 40 year old parts. Added benifit is the aditional strength over stock.

Last edited:
-
Back