Island Dragway, Great Meadows NJ.....

-
Same thing happening here is Arizona.Speedworld in Wittmann was closed down recently due to a dispute with the County over use permits and it was announced that Firebird International in Chandler was closing because the Indian Tribe that owned the land wouldn't renew the lease.Rumors are that NHRA itself is working on a deal but that would leave this part of Arizona without a drag strip.Hate to see good drags trips closing all over the country.
Wow, sorry to see this. Thought the deal with the track out west got resolved? I think the track here in Spokane might be on borrowed time as well. It is owned by the county and there is a lot of crying going on about it. Hope it does not happen, but I am half expecting it. Guess in a way it is a good thing that my car will be on the back burner for quite a while....

yes island dragway closed as of right now for good, atco's sale had nothing what so ever to do with being sued and the person that was suing was never going to win anyway, the vehicle she saw was the fire suppression ambulance that moves for thrill shows / big big events, all the trucks that responded have all needed equipment and the ( ambulance ) did respond

yes island dragway closed as of right now for good, atco's sale had nothing what so ever to do with being sued and the person that was suing was never going to win anyway, the vehicle she saw was the fire suppression ambulance that moves for thrill shows / big big events, all the trucks that responded have all needed equipment and the ( ambulance ) did respond
Is there an article somewhere that describes what happened at ATCO? Beyond an accident I do not know what happened....

-
Back