Isn't it nice?

-

CanadianGT

Reaction score
Isn't it nice to have a job thats dependent on the price of oil? Sure glad I became a machinist some days.

There are literally no jobs in my hometown for machinsts who arn't working. Every company seems to have to many machinist right now for how much work they have.

Just got a job yesterday working for Ritchie Bros Auctions. Mostly moving around auction items. But they only have like 2 or 3 auctions a year so this job will likely only last til maybe mid april. Better then nothing I suppose but hopefully industry picks up before then.

It's kind of a kick in the teeth tho lol. Price of gas and anything oil based goes up everytime the price of oil moves up, so I'm against that but then I need the price of oil to be up so I can do the job I enjoy. Lol nicely done on my part. Should have been an electrician.

we are the same here all the machinist need work but it,s all out soursed, only the best shops with deep pockets are still around/ as far as rubber stuff they fix it and sell it overseas.

we are the same here all the machinist need work but it,s all out soursed, only the best shops with deep pockets are still around/ as far as rubber stuff they fix it and sell it overseas.

lol yeah and outsourcing is the best thing for companies.

few years ago I heard of some outsourcing an oil company did to japan I think it was for some oil field pumpjacks, problem with that was a critical part of the pumpjack were some steel ibeams but they couldn't get them or where to cheap to buy them and made their own out of plate steal. Apparently these things got here and had to be completely redone because they were falling apart and didn't even work properly.

I don't think machinist or welders or alot of the good blue collar good paying jobs are around anymore. Just a damn shame.

Join the millwright hall,work in Fort McMurray.

I don't think machinist or welders or alot of the good blue collar good paying jobs are around anymore. Just a damn shame.

which is funny because all through highschool I was told that the older guys who have done it for years would be retiring soon and there would be lots of work.

-
Back