Fiberglass repro preferred
Tough to find
Is anyone reproducing this part?
TIA

IMG_8374.png

IMG_8379.png

IMG_8378.png

IMG_8378.png

Is this an actual factory part? I can't figure out how it would work with the factory carpet skirt....

The factory used a similar piece, but it was made out of fibre board or cardboard, which doesn’t stand the test of time very well

Are these worth making? Is there a fairly big demand for them? I have a complete factory 4-speed console from a 69 Dart GTS that I have access to & this piece is still attached to it. I could make a reproduction piece from fiberglass or maybe even the factory heavy cardboard type material. Will it be worth the aggravation?

Tough question
How many Console four-speed cars did they really build and how many of those people would need that piece?
I know there are a lot of people trying to find that rare piece,
But would it justify going through the hassle to manufacture maybe 50 of them? Would it be worth it?
Quite a few people over the years have been looking for that piece going over old posts
I know I for one hope someone takes it on
I would try to make one for myself, but I don’t even know the dimensions. It’s tough to even find a good picture of one.

They make them for B body’s
Someone must be buying them to make it worthwhile. I really think there is a market for these for our a body’s

Well, I guess that kind of answers my question. I will see if I can make this work. I have the factory piece, in good shape (console is a pretty nice original too) & I can do it in my spare time. Now I just have to figure out how to do this (Make a mold) without ruining the original piece.
This might take some time to figure out. I think 69 was the last year for a console with a 4 speed A Body too.

Glad you’re going to take a stab at it!
If for some reason you change your mind I would be happy to buy your parts ( if your willing to sell) and try to take it on myself
I work in a body shop where city buses are repaired and there are some fellas that are highly skilled in making Fiberglass moulds etc
Once one is made we could all benefit from it

How many Console four-speed cars did they really build and how many of those people would need that piece?
add to that how many A-bodies have been converted to 4 speed console cars over the decades...

I am pretty sure there is more than one person here who can scan the original and 3D print these things in some material. Maybe one will offer up partnering with niceolddart

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back