Issues with 340 distributor

-
Thanks guys I appreciate your help very much, love this forumn. I sent him a pm and hopefully we can get the details sorted out. My main concern is i dont get another distributor made like that one ^^^^

Phase is handled by the orientation of the reluctor to rotor. So if they are locked on upper shaft no worry. The lower shaft offset can be adjusted with base timing, normal timing adjustment. Most aftermarket distributors have tang 90 degrees off, and may require walk of distributor gear, if you want #1 at front position. There is also cap phase by pick location vs housing, but you will not mess with that.

A machinist or others with fabrication skills may be able to fix your distributor. I will take it off you hands if you want to toss it. It can be for a core for experimental ignition work I do.

Sure. Let me get it sorted out and once i have another one in and running ill be more than happy to donate it

We talked and I'll take care of him.
Right now the recommendation is to drop one of our recurved/advance modified distributors in with his existing ignition system.
After seeing more info on the advantages of HEI, I think he'll be back.

I sent him a link to a video of how my car starts with electric fuel pump, higher initial advanced timing with HEI.
Of course there are other considerations, but I don't think a cold 24 hrs later fireup gets any better.

Chk it out here if you like.
www.classichei.com/dart/morningfire.avi

I would never call an HEI an upgrade over a good ignition system. I don't care who does what to it.

DUI got in the poop years ago when they claimed their HEI produced more energy than a magneto! I actually called them but we could not have a civil conversation. Eventually he was sued (or was served papers and forced to stop lying) and they don't say that any more.

To the OP, stick with what you had. Just my .02 and it's worth exactly what you paid for it.

I dont think im ready to make the hei switch. However i do like the with trailbrasts setup the preset advance curve thats better than the factory curve

I dont think im ready to make the hei switch. However i do like the with trailbrasts setup the preset advance curve thats better than the factory curve

Yup, if he sets the curve on a machine and gives you a copy of it, that's like a sore mans part...you can't beat it.

-
Back