It’s about time.

-

TrailBeast

AKA Mopars4us on Youtube
Reaction score
I have had these ugly temporary battery terminals forever and finally decided to do something about it.
Haven’t had any problems with them, just ugly.
The ground cable was red but wrapped with black tape, so I made a new one with #2 rubber coated cable.
The cables are now silver soldered into the nut section and the terminal itself screws on to that.
If a terminal gets screwed up I can simply unscrew it and screw on a new one instead of replacing the whole cable.

IMG_5178.png

IMG_5164.jpeg

IMG_5160.jpeg

IMG_5177.png

IMG_5170.jpeg

They look better than the more common plate locking cable in. Where are they sold and do you really have to solder cable in, because with the taper on the male part it looks like it will hold the cable. Soldering the cable in would probably wind-up having solder on the threads of the male portion.

They look better than the more common plate locking cable in. Where are they sold and do you really have to solder cable in, because with the taper on the male part it looks like it will hold the cable. Soldering the cable in would probably wind-up having solder on the threads of the male portion.

You are right about them working like a compression union, but I couldn’t help myself.
I did use the crimp function to get the cable crushed good before the solder.
Didn’t have any problem with the solder getting on the threads.
I was watching that pretty closely, and stopped when I saw the solder getting close to the threads.

I got them off ebay 12 bucks shipped.

-
Back