It’s all I have to do

-

T56MaxTorq

Reaction score
It’s all I have to do. I’m on the 3rd crank, second block, and second torque converter. I just need to put the block heater in for the fourth time and then I can fire it up again. Be cool

I’ve been wiping out the thrust bearing with this combo for way too long. I think I have it solved. But I’ve been getting my *** kicked by a core plug heater.
Use a dipstick heater.

The magnetic heaters that you place onto the bottom of the oil pan work well, too.

Don’t have an oil heater yet but those do both work well. Trying to get E85 to light off on a multiple guess efi tune.

Jason is having the same issue with a 440 mega block narrow bearing in a pulling truck. It is back at the shop that did the motor. They are putting a torrington bearing behind the front main.They believe the wear is from the slipper clutch. My son went to that shop to look at it. He thinks it is because its putting to much oil to the top. It is oiling through the pushrods with a roller cam. They never bushed the block. But for some reason its filling the rocker area with oil.

My son drilles a .040 hole through the thrust into the oil passage and does other work on the race engines. depending on how they are oiling the rockers he puts restrictors in the passages or push rods. A converter without anti ballooning plates will push hard on the crank.

Jason is having the same issue with a 440 mega block narrow bearing in a pulling truck. It is back at the shop that did the motor. They are putting a torrington bearing behind the front main.They believe the wear is from the slipper clutch. My son went to that shop to look at it. He thinks it is because its putting to much oil to the top. It is oiling through the pushrods with a roller cam. They never bushed the block. But for some reason its filling the rocker area with oil.

My son drilles a .040 hole through the thrust into the oil passage and does other work on the race engines. depending on how they are oiling the rockers he puts restrictors in the passages or push rods. A converter without anti ballooning plates will push hard on the crank.

Im a similar issue. I’m running an all roller 318 w/ turbo. Pushrod oiling. Now I went to a high volume pump but don’t think it was ever my converter. My pressures were always low enough. I think I had an oiling issue

-
Back